1968 Fiber-Top camper

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weldman

Reaction score
Will upload pictures of progress though overall $500 is what I paid for it. There was only 3 built in Lynnwood Washington by Lynnwood Fiberglass Company, there is only this one known in existence unless someone knows of another one as one of the three was destroyed when it flew off the back of truck according to the previous owner of this one. This one was slated for destruction too, but previous owner took it from his neighbor who was going to put in in landfill and they got 20 plus years of use out of it. Previous owner sold it a neighbor down road bought it in hopes of restoring it and it never left the previous owners lot which the city came in after 5 years and threatened to fine them for junk in the yard. So either sell it or scrap it and I found it on CL by accident.

Attachments

• 0802181848a.jpg
    0802181848a.jpg
    572.6 KB · Views: 69
Thanks and I was thinking same thing when I got it. Actually it's going on a International S1900 beverage truck (DT466). I built a pedestal to set it on and have storage below.

Attachments

• KIMG0099.JPG
    KIMG0099.JPG
    548.2 KB · Views: 36
It was going to go on 1996 F450 dually I had but the cab was shot and for the price of replacing the cab I bought the beverage truck cause transmission was shot. I replaced the Spicer 5 speed with Eaton 6 speed that is higher in torque rating. When you got 20 feet of truck bed space and camper that requires 10.25 feet let your imagination fly on what you can do with the other 9.75 ft. Since you like the emblem so much as I do here you go, btw its part of the molding when they built this fiberglass camper.

Attachments

• KIMG0356.JPG
    KIMG0356.JPG
    479.4 KB · Views: 28

Attachments

• 0802181848.jpg
    0802181848.jpg
    744 KB · Views: 18
  • 0802181849.jpg
    0802181849.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 23
  • 0802181849a.jpg
    0802181849a.jpg
    985.2 KB · Views: 22
Pretty neat. Have you been over to fiberglassrv.com at their forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope never heard of the place and they don't have my camper listed there. Maybe I should get added to the list so if there is one like mine still out there we can get it found.

Attachments

• KIMG0393.JPG
    KIMG0393.JPG
    405.4 KB · Views: 19
  • KIMG0394.JPG
    KIMG0394.JPG
    378.4 KB · Views: 21
Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would of could of should of but didn't post anything... since they don't allow posting of pictures to their website I'm not joining a 3rd party website to post pictures for a forum. Now let me find the delete account button over there.

Any pics of the inside yet??? Very anxious to see what kind of floor plan it has. Even if it's a mess.

The Scamps also have a 5th wheel fiberglass trailer. I’m not sure if they still make them but I’ve seen a few around.

77f006785739e19b77934e77dea77009.jpg

The reason I didn't go with a bumper pull or 5th wheel is so I can pull my car and access more areas. The rig in question is 30' long as is. This is from today...

Attachments

• KIMG0398.JPG
    KIMG0398.JPG
    488.9 KB · Views: 30
routeforty said:
Any pics of the inside yet???  Very anxious to see what kind of floor plan it has.  Even if it's a mess.

Yes very much a mess, PO had no skills to fix this camper, wrong window seal in the front windows, screwed into fiberglass to hold one windows in, caulking mixed with the window seal that was wrong, 6 pieces of plywood for just the bunk area alone another 6 or so for the floor, screwed the plywood to the fiberglass runners, painted over all decals on exterior, looks to be tar on the roof around the vent and don't ask me what he did to the bathroom I'm still trying to make heads and tails from it. Might be missing couple things of what was done wrong, but here is the pictures. The bunk area is only 53 inches wide from front to back which makes it where you would have to crawl over one another to get out the bed, I'm modifying the interior to make it where queen size bed fits at 80 inches from front to back. So with that said and fact I'm going to spray foam insulate it with closed cell I am gutting it, clean slate and fill the runners up with it too. Lastly the fiberglass runners in floor are mush on couple so I'm putting it on my truck to get it flat to fix it straight.

Attachments

• IMG_20190204_134413.jpg
    IMG_20190204_134413.jpg
    838.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20190204_135622.jpg
    IMG_20190204_135622.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20190215_191651.jpg
    IMG_20190215_191651.jpg
    868.6 KB · Views: 36
Where is this thing setting? I think I’ve driven by.

I hope you are keeping those awesome turquoise appliances! The cabinets look like maple? I’d sure keep them too!

I think it would be perfect to put it back together as original.

I love it

As much as I would love to put it back as original it hinders functionality since getting up in the morning one of two would hit the cabinets above our head, we would have to crawl over one another getting up (hope no one has to go take midnight leak) and that fridge is too small. Plus none of it matches the exterior. Only thing turquoise was the fridge that is 50 plus years old and the gas light. Both went the fridge was tossed and the gas light saved but went with more up to date, bought the hunter green Humphrey one with a high altitude jet for just in case. Want the interior and exterior to match. With enough time and effort the truck is going to match too. Lastly the cabinets wouldn't work with new floor plan I am creating so out they go.

Firtree said:
Where is this thing setting? I think I’ve driven by.

In Port Angeles WA. Might have as I'm on main road I keep getting thumbs up,  head nods, horns honked at me, and thought about putting a donation page up :p  Wait till everyone sees my other project that is almost done, I almost caused accident once or twice people rubbernecking. It got kicked out by the city of Port Angeles too among other problems over the years, here is some interior pictures, try to guess what it is...

Attachments

• KIMG0094.JPG
    KIMG0094.JPG
    489.6 KB · Views: 22
  • KIMG0095.JPG
    KIMG0095.JPG
    536.4 KB · Views: 22