12 Volt microwave

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I look at it as another form of "solar" cooking :) I'm taking the suns energy thru the solar/microwave and heating up my ramen. The thing with too much solar is... there is no drawback, its all good.

I designed my house power system so I can have my microwave. I started with a microwave and designed from there. Microwaves do not destroy any food value or nutrients. They only vibrate the molecules. You know, we call it heat. A cotton sock filled with dry beans or rice heated for 1 to 3 minutes is real nice for my uncle sam's bad back. I take one to bed more than not.
It is really hard to cook for one person, and I have plenty leftover to reheat. Microwave wins.

I can personally vouch for Jim. he does know how to cook. bring on the ribs. highdesertranger

Thanks HDR but I emptied the rib freezer at the RTR and will not restock it until the summer holidays bring on the sales. (one freezer holds 7 racks of baby backs) That said I need to use up that last of my corned beef so that I can restock them with the coming of St Pat's when they will be on sale again.

How this fits the current discussion is I am currently camped alone and will not eat a whole brisket in one sitting. I will slice and freeze the majority in single serving bags. Take one out to thaw for lunch tomorrow, a brief run of the microwave, some Thousand Island dressing and sauerkraut on fresh baked bread and I will be wishing I had taken two bags out.