Pay Dirt

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highdesertranger

R.I.P HDR
Reaction score
so I have been going back and fourth about doing pay dirt bags this year.  brief update on what I am talking about.

last year I gave away pay dirt bags and taught people how to pan for gold with them.  everyone that got a bag got a panning lesson and got to keep the gold that was in the bag.   one person even got a nugget and all the gold was chunky and easy to pan.  so I am thinking of doing it again,  if enough people want it to happen I will make it happen.

keep in mind I cannot give away an unlimited amount of gold so I will limit it to 40 bags.  you will need to sign up for a bag at my camp,  it's on a first come first served basis.  no pre-signups.  the signups will start AFTER the orientation Seminar which is always the first seminar which will be on January 9.  I will also make an announcement at that seminar.  I already know what day my seminar is but I won't tell until it's official.  I probably won't give lessons on the day of my seminar you will have to come around on a different day.

also if you don't get a bag I will still give you a panning lesson the only difference is you don't get to keep the gold.

so what do y'all think.  I need your feedback.

highdesertranger

If those that are interested mostly in the panning lesson how about just using lead shot? Gold is nice but it's only reasonable not to expect being able to give away a bunch of it.

It's an interesting idea.  I know selling pay dirt online is a source of income for some people.  I have panning equipment but haven't broken it in yet!  I've been panning in VT with my father a couple times.  It sure is fun to see that gold sparkle in the bottom of the pan!

panning lead shot ain't no fun. people get the fever when they see real gold. come on down Linda. highdesertranger

I guess not. Need to recirculate the previously panned gold then.

I'm interested in a real panning lesson even if I don't get to keep the free gold that was given to me to learn how to pan for gold in a free lesson.

I hope I can return the favor with a lesson in AutoHotkey

good question Linda. short answer is no. you do not need to declare raw gold as income until you sell it. highdesertranger

PS, I am not going to give you enough to sell, more like a keepsake.

Here I thought you were advertising a job opening and stating the compensation up front.  I've had a couple of jobs that paid like that  :p

A great Idea! What fun, playing in the dirt & finding treasure!  
It's a very generous offer of your time & knowledge. :)

will miss this opportunity again this year but super excited for those who get to do it!
pay dirt ...what a lovely notion :)

HDR, your place is always a hit. After the announcement is made you won't have enough bags or time.

Sign me up, HDR! I like to keep my hands busy. Maybe after the panning we can have a manicure party  :p