Your stove preference?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff guys. I think I am going to go with propane and a single burner. Don't want two burners as the second would go unused and it just takes up extra space. Most of my cooking, if you can call it that, would just be boiling water for tea, and warming up canned soups and vegetarian chill (yup I'm one of those nutty veg people).

Vegetarians are alright. They leave more meat for the rest of us! :)
If you want small and compact, I have a wee Coleman Peak 1 single burner backpacker stove, that uses a smaller butane canister. Wally's has them. Cost under thirty bucks as I recall. The stove is pocket sized, and screws atop the gas canister.

Here it is.....

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Peak1-Micro-Butane-Stove/4722923

I've been refilling the 1 lb bottles for some time and haven't had any problems. It's save a lot of money.

gsfish said:
(yup I'm one of those nutty veg people)

At least you aren't one of those nutty raw vegans!! A friend of mine was blindsided at Thanksgiving by his sister that was hosting the 'traditional' feast. She had converted to raw veganism earlier in the year and "surprised" the family with the healthy meal. Please pass the raw carrots!

The way I look at it that means more bacon for me!!

Guy

That is not cool of her. I always try to be respectful of others choices. That said, I actually am a vegan. :) Not raw though. Health is not my primary reason.

LeeRevell said:
Vegetarians are alright. They leave more meat for the rest of us! :)
If you want small and compact, I have a wee Coleman Peak 1 single burner backpacker stove, that uses a smaller butane canister. Wally's has them. Cost under thirty bucks as I recall. The stove is pocket sized, and screws atop the gas canister.

Here it is.....

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Peak1-Micro-Butane-Stove/4722923

Great price but Id be concerned with one of those tipping over. Looking for one of the lower single burners.