YARC camp

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would anyone think YARC camp is an organized affair similar to RTR(TM)? That ain't right.

If YARC camp became organized, then it would spontaneously disappear and reappear somewhere else.

highdesertranger said:
actually I am impressed that you have been through there.  highdesertranger
I've actually been keeping a map for several decades of trips I've made in the US. The east and the west, west of Kansas, are basically filled in. I use the map to plan trips to unvisited areas. Oregon is my 2nd favorite state to visit (but now that I know crofter is there, well ... jk).

bullfrog said:
 At the same time nicely ask if it would be possible to request one of the vault toilets be located where you were.....{snip}....Maybe even volunteer to help the BLM or take up a collection to help buy and donate one...

No need to buy one....I know where a free one is:

KIMG0825 (Small).jpgKIMG0826 (Small).jpg

Now we just need you to dig a big hole in the desert pavement. I expect you to have that done by January 15th.

:cool:

Attachments

• KIMG0825 (Small).jpg
    KIMG0825 (Small).jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 16
  • KIMG0826 (Small).jpg
    KIMG0826 (Small).jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 11
So, you'll come and install it? We know you want to get out of Texas once in a while, :).

Believe it or not we have had outhouses built just outside the park on BLM land by people hiding/out and staying I'm sure more than 14 days. One person actually set a toilet seat on top of a huge stainless steel box I'm guessing two feet high by four feet square. I don't imagine they will be carrying it out anytime soon. I found it following a set of truck tire tracks out through the desert for several miles to an area there were some old mines where there had been a spring at one time. The single set or tracks disappeared on some hard rock and just disappeared totally after that. I never did find the vehicle but I did find the camp by accident at the base of a tall rock wall. There dirty dishes were on a table which meant someone had been recently as the animals would have cleaned up for them. The hairs went up on the back of my neck at that point which seems to happen when I'm being watched through a rifle scope so I walked directly to my vehicle and left. When people start building things on BLM without working through the system legally it can cause some real problems. Cattle ranchers, miners and large groups of people all use BLM land as well as people camping and not everybody does it legally or in a way that it could be done with out harming the land or hurting other people. Let's hope that our group can figure out a way to do it right and work with the BLM to make it better for everyone.

. :thumbsup:

And the thought of someone looking at you through a telescopic sight on a rifle,  :(  :exclamation: :exclamation:

YARC is a thread on this forum. It’s the “You Ain’t Right Club”. Content as expected from the title.

You Ain't Right Club

YARC camp......winter home for various dwellers...…... is located in La Posa South LTVA......Quartzsite AZ