Yah I get it

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagoneer

Reaction score
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I love that this is going on! I'm wondering (I searched but didn't see anything) if it's O.K. if husbands, boyfriends, etc. are welcome? Particularly if there's an understanding that they basically 'hang back'; stay quiet, in the RV [/font]
wink.gif
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] ?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Yah I will keep my mouth shut just lock me up put the leash on me and give me a little pad to lay on, just pat my head when you are back. Thank you I love you[/font]

Not quite sure what you are referring to, but I live with a wife, a daughter and a grand daughter......and a female dog.......Pray for me.

I would not be alive without my mother surviving the Nazi invasion and she did so by her sex. Whatever it takes to survive, she did it.
It all went to her grave, oh god I miss her

wagoneer said:
I would not be alive without my mother surviving the Nazi invasion and she did so by her sex. Whatever it takes to survive, she did it.

She was one tough person, and smart, to make it through.  I know your very proud with every reason.

Wagoneer is referring (I think!) to a post on the Women's RTR thread made today where the lady poster was asking that question in regard to her husband still being there with her while she plans to stay over and wants to attend the seminars at the women's RTR.  I only know because I had just read that thread before reading this one!!

Probably taken a little out of context here with no reference:) but since I did know what he was talking about, Wagoneer's original comments made me smile!

now i think I understand. all this talk of leashes and pats on the head had me wondering about some 'alternative' stuff I saw once.

wagoneer said:
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Yah I will keep my mouth shut just lock me up put the leash on me and give me a little pad to lay on, just pat my head when you are back. Thank you I love you[/font]

Well we do have a sayin' down here in the deep south.....It goes like this

IF YOU CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS.........YOU SHOULD STAY ON THE PORCH

Just sayin'  :)

Jewellann

The OP started with "I love that this is going on" which is a quote that ends with "stay quiet in the RV", and as mentioned is from the women's rtr thread, a direct quote from TKay.

He He just have no interest in running with the big dogs or small dogs or any dogs, but I get what your meaning

I don't get it...but it's a women's RTR, surely the husband/boyfriend can find something else to do during meetings. I'll just say it no, men are not allowed because then it would not be a women's RTR. Am I right about this? I myself don't want men lurking in the background!

Bohemian scout said:
I don't get it...but it's a women's RTR, surely the husband/boyfriend can find something else to do during meetings. I'll just say it no, men are not allowed because then it would not be a women's RTR. Am I right about this? I myself don't want men lurking in the background!

Yeah I don't think men will be allowed at the women's RTR meetings.  (at least that is my understanding)

Bohemian scout said:
I agree with you and most assuredly do not want to be anywhere near the women's gathering due to respect, courtesy, & consideration. Please allow me to share the reply by Suanne to the post by TKay, the post that wagoneer quoted, by directing folks to post #71 in the thread titled "A Women's RTR". 
Side note; I have difficulty waiting for my spouse outside the fitting rooms, and was even less comfortable in going into the women's forum to gain clarification to wagoneer's post.

[Edited by Mod: To add link to Suanne's post.]

wagoneer said:
He He just have no interest in running with the big dogs or small dogs or any dogs, but I get what your meaning

:)  Well Bless Your Heart. 

Jewellann

TKay said:
I love that this is going on! I'm wondering (I searched but didn't see anything) if it's O.K. if husbands, boyfriends, etc. are welcome? Particularly if there's an understanding that they basically 'hang back'; stay quiet, in the RV ;) ?

O.K., just to be clear:

In looking back on my comment, I notice a few things:

I would've liked to have put the phrase 'stay quiet' in quotes too, in order to have it be understood as more figurative, not literal.
Also, at the time I wrote it, I meant to put the word 'or' in front of "in the RV".

And the part about him being in the RV is not meant to be literal either. It was my way (at the time) of asking if he's allowed to be at events, or no. Could've phrased it better. Point taken.

Wow, trying to read all the comments was like trying to decipher morse code but i eventually got the gist of the thread. One question though and that is why isn't the women's section invisible to the men and the men's section invisible to the women? Whats the point of having them if there's no real privacy? is my question.

Mizzi said:
Wow, trying to read all the comments was like trying to decipher morse code but i eventually got the gist of the thread. One question though and that is why isn't the women's section invisible to the men and the men's section invisible to the women? Whats the point of having them if there's no real privacy? is my question.

There is no men's section. The women's forum is visible to everyone because 1) it would be difficult to police, especially per new accounts and 2) it's not intended to be a secret, just somewhere women can talk without men interjecting.

gsfish said:
Please translate OP for this one that can't read between the lines. Curious as to what "this" is referring to in the first sentence.

Guy

OP is drunk posting.