Womens rtr?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, going to miss Flagstaff RTR, would love to have the opportunity for an Oct/Nov Texas RTR.  I'm in Houston.  Dry camping no problem for me.  Also a DIY girl so would love to see your place.

STOP THE PRESSES!! BAD?GOOD NEWS:

My current property is apparently going to sell. Yay for me, I get to get on with the work at the Granny Cabin and move...
Boo for getting to have you all come here for the Girls Only Fall RTR. :( (This place is the one w/all the open space to park.)

Maybe someone else will volunteer? VERY SORRY; but at least we know in plenty of time to 'relocate'?!

How about somewhere in New Mexico? Just Boondock on Blm or national forest? Anyone know of a site that can hold A number of Rigs ? Or a less popular state park?

I will be out at Lake Navajo on the New Mexico/Colorado border in mid to late August.  The south side of the lake has "official campsites" and there are plenty of boondocking places along the lake using back roads.  My daughter lives on 5 acres north of the lake in Ignacio, CO so if its all women, it could be a "meet up" place as well.  I will post a thread closer to the time with exact dates and GPS location.   My father just passed and I am desperate to "commune with nature" so am going regardless.   In the meantime, here is the link with general info.

http://www.emnrd.state.nm.us/SPD/navajolakestatepark.html

Congrats on the pending sale. I hope it goes through for you.
And I was going to write that I might actually be able to get there, at that time of year, at that low elevation. I don't go to the rtrs due to wind and dust, and pine-y odors/elevation. Now, I have to find out about O2. I discovered this morning that I should probably be using more O2 than I am. I'll learn more about that later.

New Mexico would probably be good depending on elevation and forest. There may be places in east AZ that may work, too, off I-10, in or near the Chiricahua national monument, or north of I-10. I do need a relatively low elevation.
Ya'll pick your place and time, I'll see about getting there. So, sort'a count me in.
Ella

Dispersed camping Coronado National forest
http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/coronado/recreation/camping-cabins/?recid=43345&actid=34

Coronado National Forest Arizona campground list
http://www.forestcamping.com/dow/southwst/corocmp.htm
The Coronado National Forest is located in southeastern Arizona and southwestern New Mexico. It is comprised of 1,718,187 acres in Arizona and 68,936 acres in New Mexico. There are thirty-four developed campgrounds, twenty of which meet our selection criteria

This does not include the New Mexico portion

I am the original poster.as I cannot leave for at least another year and a half I cannot join, unless anyone is in the Midwest this summer or next. I live in the upper Peninsula of michigan. We could have one next summer here but I know most people are out west. Although I can't go to rtr for at least a year maybe something could be arranged for an informal gtg either before or after rtr?  Nora

I live in the UP also :)
Marquette to be exact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 8 miles south of curtis. Just north of 2.  I'll be in Marquette a couple times in sept. Nora

Oh wow! My parents own a cottage on manistique lake, so They are in Curtis every weekend of summer, and I go on occasion with friends. What a small world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was born in Negaunee. Went to school in Norway and Iron Mountain.....graduated from Bay de Noc. I have lived away for many many years now. I rarely get back there now that my mother and brother have passed away. There are no kinder people anywhere in the world than the UP! I will be a part-timer when I get my van done this fall. I would travel to the upper mid-west for a gathering should one be held.
It is truly a small world!
What a treat it would be to eat a UP pasty right now!

Van_Lady