Women Only Women Only: To avoid confusion and hurt feelings ...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it would cause conflict or be anymore exclusive than it currently is. There was conflict when the sub was first created (some men were not happy and let that be known) and Bob basically told them to get over it because it was non-negotiable. Having the forum be restricted would definitely cause conflict, just like everything new here causes conflict, and it could be handled the same way the prior conflict was handled.

I would love to be able to ask more intimate questions here but I don't feel comfortable having the more intimate aspects of my life available for all to see. I ask those more intimate questions in my women's-only FB group so it works out well.

Just examples of wtfreak situations that still blow my mind - 1. a woman in one of my co-ed vandwelling groups asked about how to handle her period on the road and she got blasted with comments from men that that wasn't an acceptable topic and that it was simple so she way dumb to ask. 2. A woman stopped about how other people carried their makeup and she was blasted for being high maintenance and told she wouldn't make it on the road. These same men tied themselves in knots helping guys fit in complete gaming systems, big screen TVs, and even an ATV, but this woman's makeup crossed the "too much" line. Thank goodness for the safety of women's-only groups and forums.
Bleargh. That is awful.

What boundaries? This morning I posted in this Womens Only Forum about my pee problem from having five kids. Would have preferred to post about it in a real Women's Only Forum.
I totally understand. I was pointing out that men violate the boundary by posting - some deliberately, which I find grossly disrespectful.

... I would love to be able to ask more intimate questions here but I don't feel comfortable having the more intimate aspects of my life available for all to see ... Thank goodness for the safety of women's-only groups and forums.
I belong to some other forums as well - 2 of which are secure women-only. There are subjects I refuse to bring up or comment on here as it's an open Sub.
Twould be nice if everyone who needs a specific space finds one.