Women Only: Leaving my apartment July 31 after 30 years

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fauna

Reaction score
I'm leaving my apartment in San Francisco, CA July 31, 2018 after living in it for 30 years. I'm 59 and can't take the city life any more. I'm renting a car and was planning on going to Show Low, AZ. The weather there is not too hot. Once I'm there I'm going to purchase a minivan, or van. Then I'm not sure what to do. I would need to install solar, buy a frig, buy a cot, etc., or do I want to look for an apartment or mobile home. I'm just flying with the wind right now. I could really appreciate some friendship right now; some one to guide me for the first month. I don't like driving much, but I would love to visit Yellowstone National Park.

If you're going to Show Low, I imagine you'll meander north to Flagstaff. There are many beautiful places to visit there and nearby, including museums and archeological sites, not to mention the Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, and the Navajo and Hopi reservations. Oh, and Monument Valley. Yellowstone is spectacular (was there a couple of weeks ago), but it's quite a drive from Show Low.

Take things one step at a time. It will come together.

The Dire Wolfess

Thank you TDWofess for saying "it will come together." I am feeling overwhelmed; but hopeful.

One day at a time,Honey, one day at a time. And you are not alone....lots of us are launching or making plans to.

We need to make a contact list. This is a serious commitment and we are stronger in numbers. Nothing interfering or obligating but perhaps a record of locations throughout the year JIC. And it might be fun!  :cool:

Fauna said:
Thank you TDWofess for saying "it will come together." I am feeling overwhelmed; but hopeful.
Just concentrate on putting one foot in front of the other. You will definitely get somewhere that way! Hang in there.

The Dire Wolfess

I just left my husband after 20 years, so I know how hard/confusing/exciting change is! Some decisions can wait and it is strange how answers and solutions happen when you need it, effortlessly at times.
Have fun!

Good luck to you. I too will be leaving my apartment in a few months. Hope we both find the adventure we are looking for!!!

Safe Travels!

@Fauna
You're a couple weeks into your trip, how's it going? What exciting adventures do you have to report?

Latest posts