Woman-only caravaning this summer in the Pacific NW

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eaglewoman

Reaction score
I was curious if there would be any women who would be interested in doing some fun and safe caravaning in the Pacific Northwest this summer. The caravan would be done under the cheapRVliving.com caravans program.

If you’re interested I hope that you will get in touch and talk about what you would like to see in a caravan for three months this summer. It could possibly continue into the fall and in the winter heading down to Arizona for those who were interested.  It would be preferable to be on the western side of the Cascades to be away from all the heat of Eastern Washington, but that would be a group choice with those in attendance. 

But if anyone has input on that and also great BLM Woman only caravaning this summeror national forest areas please feel free to suggest some. 

My name is Dakota and I am a full-timer in a class C.

The western part of Washington state is a good choice as there are no poisonous snakes. That will be appreciated by many women.

This sparked an interest in me, but I'm in Michigan. Just got home from being in the southwest for the winter.  Wanting to travel this summer as I am interested this year in seeing the north country. If you get this going please post here on the forum as maybe I can meet up in mid to late summer. I'm a van camper.  Good luck, really sounds like fun. :p

Cyndi,

Everything seems a little cryptic here to me so I’m really not following what you’re talking about And why you have done what you have done.

I’m not sure why you have stopped this thread from running. I have been in contact with Suanne about leading a caravan or Caravans in the Pacific Northwest this summer. And thus I am reaching out to see if there would be any interest from the members. My only interest here is finding a group of fun, adventurous woman who would like to Boondock together this summer and to enjoy our RV lifestyle.

I am not interested in getting involved in any internal politics or power struggles and if that’s what this is then I will just back off. I have no interest in drama.

Having been in touch with Suanne, And I don’t mean any disrespect by this, but I’m not sure why I am hearing from you instead of Suanne and you are stopping replies to this thread.

In addition I don’t understand why this is being done on a public forum rather than you just emailing me directly.

Respectfully, Eaglewoman

No reason people can't get together and meet up to travel together in the Pacific NW. There are lots of people around who choose to travel together that are not "sanctioned" by cheapRVliving. Anyone can set up a "meetup group" to communicate plans and invite other people who have an interest in common to get together with them. I belong to several meetup groups that have a focus on a variety of different things. Among those are two groups focused on Tiny Homes, two focused on "maker spaces", another focused on people in my area who sell on Etsy.

maki2 said:
The western part of Washington state is a good choice as there are no poisonous snakes. That will be appreciated by many women.

Wow that’s something that I never would’ve thought of. Thanks for sharing that.

crackedpan said:
This sparked an interest in me, but I'm in Michigan. Just got home from being in the southwest for the winter.  Wanting to travel this summer as I am interested this year in seeing the north country. If you get this going please post here on the forum as maybe I can meet up in mid to late summer. I'm a van camper.  Good luck, really sounds like fun. :p

That sounds good. Feel free to stay in touch with me to see how things are going. We’d love to have you join us. And thanks for getting in touch.

Hi Eaglewoman and all,

I thought I'd weigh in here and let you know what is going on from my perspective. (FYI: I'm currently managing the CRVL Caravans.)

Eaglewoman and I have been talking. And, although I hope Eaglewoman is able to scout out locations for a women's summer quarter caravan, locations have yet to be determined. So, to say we will have a CRVL PNW Women's Caravan hosted by Eaglewoman is premature.

However, as Maki2 writes, you can certainly have an independent women's caravan (non-CRVL) in the PNW this summer that could be much more flexible and less structured than what we need on CRVL's Meetup Group (because people drive many miles expecting to connect with others at pre-determined locations for CRVL Caravans). We nomads informally travel and camp together all the time.

I do appreciate Eaglewoman's post to gauge interest. That's a smart move.

Just so that all know, Cyndi is a moderator here. And, responses aren't being blocked. So, I'm a bit confused at Eaglewoman's observation that they were.

At this time, Eaglewoman and I continue to talk to see what will work best. We'll all need to wait a bit longer to see how this all develops. Stay tuned.

If you are going to organize caravans in the Pacific NW in the summer it can be difficult to do it a several months in advance. That is because of forest fires which can break out and cause a need for a change of location on fairly short notice. So you will need a good sized list of alternatives sites for a backup. Last summer quite a lot of the state was having issues with air quality, even Seattle had poor air quality coming from fires up in Canada. The coast was smokey, many the inland areas of Western Wa were smokey, much of Eastern WA was also smokey. But sometimes the summers are wet and while that is frustrating it has its benefits.

Another thing to note, if you are traveling up close to the border of Canada, including the areas along the north coast of the Olympic Peninsula, you must set your cell phones for no roaming as many times the best signal will be coming from Canada over the water of Puget Sound and your phone will default to Canadian cell tower signals. If you don't set you cell phone up not to roam out of the country for a signal you could end up with a shockingly large cell phone bill.

In Western Wa the time frame from mid July to mid August is the most likely to be sunny and have higher temperatures, sometimes into the 90s. However because of the terrain a heat wave situation will typically break down within 5 days. Of course you also have the option of going up in elevation to get cooler. The coast is also typically cooler. So it would be good to have some sites planned for both higher elevation and the coast during mid July to mid August. Remember you need alternatives to avoid possible smoke.

BLM caravaning this summer sounds interesting.  I’d like more info if this caravan takes off, please.  Thank you.

I May be interested. I did want to go to Utah again as I missed so much.
Gas is pricey again, so not too sure how far I want to go, as I am saving for a better rig. May go to tha CA coast to Humboldt...

Hopefully my build will be finished by mid July. Then I can join a Pacific NW caravan for some fun time with other women.

Has anything come of this yet? I'm not into facebook sorry.

I'd like to add that other things, such as cougars will get BLM areas closed. It happens at the area in Issaquah every spring and/or summer.