Wireless Backup Camera

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spaceman Spiff

Reaction score
Does anyone have recent experience with wireless backup cameras?

I have a 2012 Ram 2500 pickup /w camper and would like to add a rear view camera. My problem is I cannot find a good way to thread a video cable up to the top of the dash.

I have a wireless backup camera on my Express Van, I recommend a wired camera instead. There is a delay between what happens and the time you get it on the screen with my wireless one.

Last edited:
I also use a wireless cam and like Camper I experince a delay in its display. I also was unable to to locate a way up through the dashboard so I simply ran the cable up on the side and secured it with gorilla tape. I little cheap looking but it works.

I would like a wired backup camera. The Garmin BC40 has not been reliable connecting. Even after following all instructions to get it working.
Once got it working by finding a menu in the garmin i have been unable to find again, Another time got it working merely by plugging the GPS into my computer with the USB without even going to update or Garmin Express.

Latest posts