Why was van dwelling the best choice?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kiwi49 said:
I have been lurking on here for a while and was wondering why everyone thinks van dwelling was the best choice for them. I have been trying to decide between a small travel trailer and van to full time in. The van I would have to do some things to make it comfortable but a travel trailer is ready to go. But I would feel safer in the van can stealth camp. So I just wanted everyone's opinion on why van dwelling is the best choice.

It's really YOUR choice and no one here would tell you that "My way is best" it's what pleases you.

I in fact (4 years van dwelling) have been thinking of getting another vehicle and a trailer and living "A bit better" (Meaning more room to stick stuff)

I think (When I retire) I'll try very hard to be the "More sociable type" since I do kind of like being alone....

Katewels said:
I'm able to use a camp potty in mine but I think a privacy tent near the door would be a better option. I am comfortable sleeping in a t-shirt and shorts so I don't have to worry about dressing inside the camper.

Didn't realize there was that much room in them
I would definitely need to be able to dress in the camper, but can do that without the need to stand

being house-less is not the same as being homeless. Home is where I sleep. It doesn't matter where that is or whatever that happens to be in. I have my own space. It's home to me.