White Vans

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

She

Reaction score
Frankie is a van I was going to get ...changed my mind and now its back to Frankie again. A woman can change her mind. If I do get him he is a dark green fella. I don't have the money to be painting him white but I wonder if making everything white inside would that help at all? I like white and was going to do that anyways but I wondered if it would help at all with the cooling. I will be painting the top though white to help a bit. Thanks

by painting the roof white will definitely help keep ya cooler by reflecting the heat off vehical.I used electrameric-it goes on like paint and dries to a rubber.also I painted my bus for under $30.00 with rustolium paint and a roller.by being carefull and haveing some paitence it turned out looking good-but then I'm not planning on entering it in a car show.<br>

bcnya said:
by painting the roof white will definitely help keep ya cooler by reflecting the heat off vehical.I used electrameric-it goes on like paint and dries to a rubber.also I painted my bus for under $30.00 with rustolium paint and a roller.by being carefull and haveing some paitence it turned out looking good-but then I'm not planning on entering it in a car show.<br>
<div><br></div><div>For a comment like that you know a pic is worth a thousand bucks. Have a picture of that? I would love to see it.&nbsp;</div>

She, I also used elastomeric paint on the roofs of my Shastas. Not hard to do. Like bcnya, I'm not entering any vintage trailer or car shows.<br><FONT color=#ff00ff><b>Dragonfly</b></FONT><br>

<span style="font-weight: bold;">Yes but I think bcnya says......&nbsp;<span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">also I painted my bus for under $30.00 with rustolium paint and a roller by being carefull and haveing some paitence it turned out looking good. </span>&nbsp;</span></span><div><span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">I would love to see that so I can figure out if thats what I would do. Maybe not the whole van but parts of it.</span></span></div>

We like our light interior for several reasons: a little bit of light reflects throughout and brightens the entire interior. Less energy used. A lot of white vinyl with foam backing.

Can't advise about the white exterior keeping the interior cool. Theoretically, the metal skin of the van will not get as hot if it's a light color, but I have no experience as to how much difference it makes. Would good insulation on the inside provide the same amou,nt of protection?

Years back in my working days....I put cool seal on a mobile home roof for a man....I charged him $150.00 in the mid 80's.<br><br>It is applied with a roller nap and can be cleaned up with varsol.<br><br>To do a 14'X 60' roof it took about 4 gallons.....it came in 5 gallon buckets.The left over remaining I applied to the van top and it helped tremendously with sun reflection and keeping it cool.<br><br>A man I know applied some to an old RV roof after pressure washing and it sealed the leaks and also helped with cooling.<br><br>It can be purchased at Sherwin Williams.....online.....or a similar product at Home Depot or Lowe's.....it is a little pricey.....but it is thin and goes along way. It costs about $55.00 now.<br><br><DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: gray 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: gray 1px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; WIDTH: auto; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 1em; BORDER-TOP: gray 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: gray 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 10px">Brand Name Kool-Seal <DIV style="DISPLAY: block" id=productdescription class=tabcontent><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>An economical, easy-to-apply, aluminum roof coating that gives high reflectivity and inhibits rust formation. Helps cut cooling cost. Reinforced with non-asbestos fibers for longer life.<BR><BR>Average coverage: 50 - 75 square feet per gallon. Comes in 5 gallon bucket.</DIV></DIV></DIV><BR clear=all>&nbsp;<br>