Which of these generators would you pick?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanLifeCrisis

Reaction score
My work is supplying me with a yamaha 2k inverter genny an i love it.  I am considering buying an inverter genny now but i gotta go cheaper.

I did some looking and this wen generator apparently has the same guts as the yamaha (same factory in china?):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SMNLF4M/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_13?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER 

with overwhelmingly positive reviews and around 475$.

But, yesterday a fellow worker offered to sell me a 7 year old honda 2000 for 400$.  He said it works fine, he changes the oil yearly but doesn't use it much, as it can barely power his fifth wheel's A/C.  

Which would you consider of the 2?  Or do you have a similarly cheap alternative you think is superior?  (I dislike champion, already had problems with one of their regular gennys)

A Honda EU2000?

Take it!

I appreciate that there are less expensive alternatives but in this case, get the real thing while you can.

Martin, $400 for a lightly used Honda is a great find. Buy it! PS if you don't buy it let us know where it is. Ha ha Jeff

I assumed its the eu2000, he said it was a honda 2000 watt inverter generator, or do they sell another one?

Go With the Honda EU2000i.

The A/C running issue can be solved wth an EasyStart sold by MicroAir. But don't tell them that.

you will regret the wen, you could get your all money back a year from now with the honda, do you think you will be able to with the wen? that tells me a lot.

Used Honda, no question.

Why are you still standing there? GO GET IT!!!!

Dave

id'e get a yamaha or a honda. my biggest worries would be is parts being readily available and customer service once the check clears. it seems like on some of this knock off crapola it seems there's no customer service and parts are hard to find. and yamaha's are quieter under loads than the hondas plus yamaha gives you things like the battery charging cable unlike honda