Where to park, camp, shower etc

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Etak

Reaction score
Hello,

My boyfriend and I will be heading on the road driving through South Dakota. We would appreciate any recommendations of places to camp and/or shower. I know winter is around the corner and it may be impossible to find a park with water access. We may even travel up to North Dakota to find our forever home. Thank you in advance.

I am new to the site. I’m traveling in a live in vehicle for the first time. My boy friend has done for several years. I’m worried of unpredictable challenges and the hurdles of what I take for granted living in a home.

Welcome to the Van Living Forum Etak :) You'll likely do just fine as hard winter isn't here yet. This time of year is a good time to take your first steps into nomad life.

Let me invite you to check out the link at the bottom where there is information
that may provide answers to questions you pose.

All the best !

Unpredictable challenges are opportunities for a lot of personal growth. You will rise up to meet those challenges, do not doubt that about yourself. That is how you as a woman will grow your self reliance as well as your life and survival skills.

Living in a house came with its own challenges but you started doing it so early you never realized that there were challenges involved or even that you were trained from early childhood to deal with them. You are way more adaptable and capable than you think you are! Just think about how very young you were when you mastered your first complex tool using challenge of using a fork to hold a piece of food steady so you could cut it with a sharp knife without hurting yourself! That takes a lot of coordinated skill with tools!

Last edited: