• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What's under bumper and attached to floor?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vagari

Reaction score
I don't know anything about it, but my first thought is the remains of a wheelchair lift? Odd in a cargo van! Maybe a winch to hoist things in?

Pretty odd!
Bob

Maybe a ramp stored in the back and a secondary heater?

from what I can tell from the pics...

the thing hanging under the rear bumper looks exactally like a pull out RV entry step. Possibly put there to make it easier for an old dog to climb into the van, or for loading and unload stuff outta the back.

I think the thing mounted under the floor inside the van looks like some sort of air-conditioning unit. Either that or a generator...but I'm thinking air-conditioner.

Does it mention either of those in the ad?? Was this owned by a flower delivery place??

(what do I win if I'm right????) :D

Yea I was going to say pull out step on that rear bumper as well.

Inside van item may be the remains of a carpet cleaning machine (?). Lots of the professional carpet cleaners only ever run the hoses into a house. The actual vacuum machine stays in the van out on the driveway. That van matches the typical carpet cleaner van.