What's in your kitchen?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stevesgonewalkabout said:
Wow. We are really focusing on the toast here. I didn't realize just how important toast was to the RV community!

That's probably because most of us who are full timing and do a lot of boondocking have adapted to life without a lot of electric appliances. You asked about toast in particular :D

I currently only carry a 120W portable inverter until I finally finish my 120 electric system when I'll probably put in a 400/500W permanently wired inverter with a switch to it so I can turn it off when not in use. It will probably never see full load!

The portable inverter is plenty sufficient for my laptop charging, the cell phone is on a 12V charger and all cooking is done on either one of propane; butane or alcohol.

The toaster works on the stove top, so does the kettle. I don't drink coffee but there are non electric alternatives for those that do. For slow cooking either 12V appliances or solar can be utilized if the stove doesn't simmer nicely. I have a stove top oven, albeit very tiny, for those times when baking something is a must!

The switch from just being able to plug in to electricity for anything anytime can be difficult for some people and learning how to manage power needs is a definite learning curve but ever so freeing when finally achieved.

Latest posts