What simple thing can bring a smile to your face?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DuneElliot said:
I hope you took that to the police station...it sounds more like something someone lost or misplaced, left behind or fell out of their vehicle. I'm betting someone is missing that tool bag. I could be wrong and it was intentionally left there, but I doubt it and it would be worth checking just for a clear conscience.

The simple things that make me smile...my dogs being goofy, backpacking solo, knowing that freedom is only 3 months away, a glass of wine or a cold beer on a hot day

The man was in his driveway working and bringing stuff to the curb.  I always ask if I can "rummage" when someone is in sight. 

I do find some strange things....like the 50 caliber blank rounds just outside FT Rucker AL.  I pulled into the gate and showed them to a guard........ I was asked to pull to the side.......I did and was standing outside the Ranger when I was visited by a number of  law enforcement officers from the federal level also city and county...........they followed me to where I'd found them at the curb and then I drove on as I'd been instructed to.....REAL FAST!  I can say a lot about my life,  however it's very rarely boring :D

Jewellann

Txjaybird said:
The man was in his driveway working and bringing stuff to the curb.  I always ask if I can "rummage" when someone is in sight. 

I do find some strange things....like the 50 caliber blank rounds just outside FT Rucker AL.  I pulled into the gate and showed them to a guard........ I was asked to pull to the side.......I did and was standing outside the Ranger when I was visited by a number of  law enforcement officers from the federal level also city and county...........they followed me to where I'd found them at the curb and then I drove on as I'd been instructed to.....REAL FAST!  I can say a lot about my life,  however it's very rarely boring :D

Jewellann

Okay, just checking. Sounds like quite the score then

The sound of small children laughing.

What is making me happy right now is envisioning my future while sipping my chai after watching the eclipse.

But at the end of the day, I am easily happy and amused. This time of year, just seeing some sunshine puts a grin on my face.

Gunny said:
This song sort of sums it up for me.

:) Listening to this song right now........it's raining with a cool breeze blowing thru the windows and Queenie snoring at the foot of the bed.........peaceful.

Thanks for the link Gunny.

Jewellann

The freedom I have.
The loving poodle that owns me.
The God that loves me, unconditionally.

Since I have a simplistically warped & morbid sense of humor along with a fatalistically sardonic & sarcastic world view..... anything along that genre will generally bring a slight smile to my face; I'm not generally too expressive, outwardly but always have a smile on the inside especially when someone deservedly wins a Darwin Award or I can enjoy a double dose of  schadenfreude.
Murahka deserves the decadence its cultivated for itself - I can't stop smiling about this; poetic justice at its finest - pretty simple. :)

INTJohn

Remembering the twinkle in my dad's eye when he was being witty. :D

When I think of my Dad and how he supported my desire for the mobile life. I hope to make him proud when I finally get out there!

Pictures & videos of Panda Bears. They are so cute!
LilNomad

:D Right now this very minute......connected to internet the 1st time since early AM Sat.morn.

Jewellann

Sometimes just a simple picture brings a smile. 

Rob

ef64a9eced2bfd690e20d801c5539be5.jpg

Attachments

• ef64a9eced2bfd690e20d801c5539be5.jpg
    ef64a9eced2bfd690e20d801c5539be5.jpg
    65.2 KB
So a few years ago my cousin and I were talking on the phone and he commented how there's nothing better than a new pair of socks. He goes, I should wear a new pair everyday. I got to thinking that there is nothing quite like a brand new pair of socks. So for the last two years I've put brand new socks on my feet every morning since, and everyday it makes me smile. Just regular cotton socks. I do have more specialized socks that I do wash for hiking, snowboarding, etc. It costs a little over a dollar a day to do it. Unless you buy a years supply at Christmas time, you can do it for about $240.

As an added bonus, when I was in the hospital a few days last year for a flare up from Lyme, it somehow came up in conversation with the nurse there. She asked what I did with the old socks, I said nothing yet, I have a huge trash bag full and she said there is a group in Boston that helps the homeless and they always need socks because no one thinks of donating those when they donate their clothes. So I now donate them.

Latest posts