What simple thing can bring a smile to your face?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my dog Camo always wants to get up on the bed.  But I've never allowed any dog I have on the bed or on any furniture for that matter.  He looks up at the bed everyday for a good ten minutes before retreating to his own bed.  Just for kicks I decided to see what he'd do if I actually allowed him on it.  I won't lie, the look of joy on his face was priceless.  

Pic of him wishing he was on the bed and pic of him actually on the bed.

Attachments

• 20161125_215940.jpg
    20161125_215940.jpg
    57.6 KB
  • 20161212_220505.jpg
    20161212_220505.jpg
    62.9 KB
The feel after a good training session, the joy in Buddy's greeting when i walk in the door, time with friends

Sunrises!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hug from one of my Grandkids, remembering good times with great friends who are no longer with us.

Watched a video on you tube of a man I considered a friend and smiled and cried at the same time.

Watched the N Dakota environmentalist try and explain the oil leak they can't stop now. Wonder how that crow tasted?

Waking up in the morning to a new day of experiences

ERLH, that's one of the best posts I've seen.

" :)   Another fella selling his truck and willing to leave his Wench to seal the deal."

When a simple typo gives a whole new meaning.....er, at least I think it's a typo.   :rolleyes:

1. Spending time visiting my daughter.
2. Hanging out with happy cats or dogs.
3. Beautiful scenery.
4. Watching the critters in the back yard---deer, squirrels, hawks--whoever passes by.
5. Memories of family and friends.
6. Time spent with good people.
7. Someone holding a door open for me---bonus points if I'm not using my cane at the time.
8. Beautiful days, whether sunny or any other weather.
9. Playful silliness---like the Wench joke above or the humor of little kids.
10. and the rest of an endless list---all the simple pleasures in life, from a good cup of coffee to accomplishing a challenge.

PS The look on ERLH's Camo's face in the pic on the bed.

Watching an idiot driving at something like 100 mph weaving in and out of traffic, and seeing red and blue flashing lights approaching in my rear-view mirror.

Driving down a country road I've never been on........................................................................

:D the things that made me smile yesterday were multi-too-dious  :D  I gave a former neighbor a 3 drawer vintage dresser that  I really like, however it was surpsingly ez to let it go as she likes vintage pieces.  So thats 2pieces of lg stuff gone from my storage unit/s.

The second thing that brought a smile to my face..........I stopped on the road/curb to retrieve one of those narrow 3 drawer plastic dressers.............wait for it..........picked up a Ryobi tool bag with Ryobi tools in it......... a small portable circular saw w/blade , anothe saw with a pointy blade 18v w/battery, a driill or impact drill/ with 18v battery,  and a charger.  WHOOPEE!!  Now if can just find out if they work without losing/drilling/cutting off any body parts!!

How lucky can a nearly tool-less gal be?

Jewellann

I smile when I see the picture of Every Road Leads Homes' dog and wonder if it's being repeated ....Often.

Rob

Getting hired today as a worker at Yellowstone National Park through Delaware North.

Yep! I had a phone interview with an HR person there and got hired. :D 

I start April 17th and the job ends November 6th with a completion bonus. I realize this is longer than most seasonal jobs but it's what I wanted.

VanGrrl57 :)

VanGrrl57 said:
Getting hired today as a worker at Yellowstone National Park through Delaware North.

Yep! I had a phone interview with an HR person there and got hired. :D 

I start April 17th and the job ends November 6th with a completion bonus. I realize this is longer than most seasonal jobs but it's what I wanted.

VanGrrl57 :)

Congratulations....Rob

The helpfulness in this forum! Seriously! The patience and amount of time spent with my spastic questions makes me feel like I'm not a complete oddball. If that makes sense.

That and babies. Weird looking babies, laughing babies, just babies! They're so cute!!!!

Txjaybird said:
:D the things that made me smile yesterday were multi-too-dious  :D  I gave a former neighbor a 3 drawer vintage dresser that  I really like, however it was surpsingly ez to let it go as she likes vintage pieces.  So thats 2pieces of lg stuff gone from my storage unit/s.

The second thing that brought a smile to my face..........I stopped on the road/curb to retrieve one of those narrow 3 drawer plastic dressers.............wait for it..........picked up a Ryobi tool bag with Ryobi tools in it......... a small portable circular saw w/blade , anothe saw with a pointy blade 18v w/battery, a driill or impact drill/ with 18v battery,  and a charger.  WHOOPEE!!  Now if can just find out if they work without losing/drilling/cutting off any body parts!!

How lucky can a nearly tool-less gal be?

Jewellann

I hope you took that to the police station...it sounds more like something someone lost or misplaced, left behind or fell out of their vehicle. I'm betting someone is missing that tool bag. I could be wrong and it was intentionally left there, but I doubt it and it would be worth checking just for a clear conscience.

The simple things that make me smile...my dogs being goofy, backpacking solo, knowing that freedom is only 3 months away, a glass of wine or a cold beer on a hot day

Time spent quietly with my wife of 27 years, we make each other smile all the time. Remembering the good times with our girls (my two beloved border collies), we had fun every single day they were alive.

Latest posts