What materials for van walls???

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Transit came with plastic wall coverings. Similar to Coroplast which is the same thing that they make election signs with. I think that it works very well for walls and I used an air gap reflectix air gap reflectix method for insulation. Plastic Coroplast to seems ideal because it is waterproof and mold is less likely to grow on it, but I live in Phoenix where moisture is not as big of a problem as some places.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Interesting - thank you! I was able to google Coroplast and it is very reasonably priced.

One issue with coroplast is it is not highly durable. I have a 4' x 8' sheet in my garage and I bumped into it with a piece of wood. It left an obvious mark that is not appealing to look at.
I wonder if one could use poor man's fiberglass to make the surface harder, (glue canvas to it and then paint it).

I used Coroplast for ceiling and wall covering -
has been in place for 16 months and has held up well -
used Light Grey color-

does not attract dust
Very Light weight
moisture runs off
adds a tiny bit of insulation
many colors

Super east to cut and install
( special cutting tool is worth the $12 for straight cuts length wise)

only down side i noticed is edges can be sharp
but has not been a problem for me

im actually trying an idea i had while looking into making furniture out of rigid foam... rigid foam board, and using contact adhesive, attaching outdoor material from a fabric company (like Johann's) not like indoor/outdoor carpeting, i mean the material you would use for a seat cushion for a patio chair. plenty of colors/patterns to choose from, durable, and you can wipe it down with a damp sponge/towel. the foam keeps it lightweight, adds R-value, and wont absorb moisture at all. win-win! lol