What I would do to make money if I needed it

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew a woman who got paid to be part of a sleep study. She'd sleep at a hospital, and got paid. I'll bet they might have a shower you could use. What a job for a van dweller! Even if you didn't get paid, it would be nice to sleep in a bed once in a while.

Back in the '70s when construction jobs were slow in the wintertime, we would regularly sign up for FAA studies at their center in OKC. The pay wasn't too great but it was easy.They needed subjects for breathing capacity tests,pilot/instrument dexterity,aircraft exit speed,etc. We were usually hungover or otherwise impaired so they got some pretty skewed results.

HarmonicaBruce said:
I knew a woman who got paid to be part of a sleep study. She'd sleep at a hospital, and got paid. I'll bet they might have a shower you could use. What a job for a van dweller! Even if you didn't get paid, it would be nice to sleep in a bed once in a while.

Have you been through a sleep study? I have. They were checking me for sleep apnea. Had so many wires hooked up, and the goo in my hair, I am surprised I got any sleep at all. Couldn't get comfortable at all. And I didn't get paid. :-/

HarmonicaBruce said:
I knew a woman who got paid to be part of a sleep study.  She'd sleep at a hospital, and got paid.  I'll bet they might have a shower you could use.  What a job for a van dweller!  Even if you didn't get paid, it would be nice to sleep in a bed once in a while.

If you want to sleep in a hospital bed more than your own bed in your van you need a new bed.

Knew a French guy in the 70's that did medical studies he once had to smoke 2 packs per day plus they injected him with some drugs, 2 packs per day in bed watching tv for 2 weeks for 400 bucks. WOW

wagoneer said:
Knew a French guy in the 70's that did medical studies he once had to smoke 2 packs per day plus they injected him with some drugs, 2 packs per day in bed watching tv for 2 weeks for 400 bucks. WOW

AAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHH!
I would have been running down the hallways, screaming and tearing my hair out.