What does "Equalize Charge" mean for my mppt Sunsaver charge controller?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamsack

Reaction score
Hi all,<br>My solar electrical system is working great.&nbsp; All green lights.&nbsp; I'm just curious that every couple of days, the "battery" green light flashes (during the day) and, according to the Sunsaver manual, that means the controller is doing an "Equalize Charge" mode.<br><br>Does anyone know what this means?&nbsp; Thanks all.<br><br>

Equilize is charging your battery harder than normal, (higher voltage, longer time) and will cause more converting water to hydrogen and oxegen, so you should be sure to check the water level in your battery afterwards.&nbsp; You should equalize about once a month for longest battery life.&nbsp; (I set mine to manually triggered equilize mode.)<br><br><br>

Damn good info on that sight... I knew nothing of equalization, and understanding it is critical, now to find the manufacturer of my 8D and see what they have to say...<br><br>Thanks all for bringing this up...<br><br>