What... a root cellar in a van...???

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoulRaven

Reaction score
Yes a root cellar in a van for the storage of veggies and bread products... I went and bought a two deep drawer storage unit and use the bottom drawer for the storage... The floor is the coolest, darkest part of the van and if done right sunlight never hits the drawer... So bagels, bread, and veggies like onions, green peppers, and potatoes stay fresh for a long time, and are easy to access...<br><br>I use the top of the cart as a side table for what ever, me its my laptop...<br><br>PS I also use this space for things like paper plates, chocolate candy, hot cocoa etc...<br><br>

<p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is an excellent idea, Soul Raven!&nbsp; one that I use but never thought to share.&nbsp;</font></p><p style="margin: 0px;"><font size="3" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">&nbsp;I've fitted reflectix on bottom, sides and made a lid of reflectix for a plastic drawer.&nbsp; When in&nbsp;camp,&nbsp;I kept it under the bed &amp; accessed it from the rear doors of&nbsp;my cargo van.&nbsp;&nbsp; This is a&nbsp;handy pantry&nbsp;with the camp&nbsp;stove set up on a table at the side of the van....didn't have to go inside the van for taters. :)</font></p>