Website Data Download Predictor

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unckybob

Reaction score
A person can do a great deal of web-surfing from the cell phone data network, if they just stick to web-sites that transmit very little data.<br><br>Is there some way to figure out how much data a web-site will download to a browser prior to visiting it?<br>

Can't help you with&nbsp;predicting data usage....But&nbsp;I down loaded a app. from " Goggle play " called " My Data Manager" . It keeps track of your data&nbsp;usage by hour, day, and month. You can check it as often as you like. You could view you data amount then log in for a set time and re-check the new amount and&nbsp;subtract the amounts to&nbsp;determine the amount of data used. You could then use that amount as a average.<div><br></div><div>I have to keep a good watch on my usage as I am in a plan...Down loading songs and videos really eats the data up fast. I used&nbsp;almost 1&nbsp;gigabyte &nbsp;in a day one time. Also for me&nbsp;tethering from my phone to my laptop uses a LOT of data.&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>BTW...My Data Manager is a free app.</div>

Bob

We use strictly a mobile hotspot - 4G from sprint. We don't watch a lot of video. The system works fine for us.

Uncky Bob,<div><br></div><div>That is what I use. I have ATT and my phone is a 4g&nbsp;Mobil Hot Spot.&nbsp;Currently this is costing me $125 a month with a 2 year agreement. When you use the hot spot it really increases your Data usage&nbsp;tremendously. So if you can use your phone to surf you will use alot less data. I have 5gb. of data a month and is enough for most of what you would need that is&nbsp;until&nbsp;you start downloading stuff.</div><div><br></div><div>I bought the new Samsung phone called the "Note" and man this phone rocks! it does just about everything a&nbsp;tablet will do, It's like a cross between a phone and a tablet.&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>I plan one using this almost&nbsp;solely while on the road latter this month.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div>

Latest posts