We did it!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my365roses

Reaction score
Hello my name is Jen. My husband, 4 kids and I have decided to jump into this rv life. We bought a keystone bullet 31 ft.  We are selling our house in a few months and eager to hit the road.   This is going to be an adventure.  3 kids have cystic fibrosis so one more little challenge but it will be worth it because of all the memories we will make.  Good bad and ugly it will be amazing.

Hello Jen, and welcome!

Sounds like you're all set for a fantastic time.

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the CRVL forums Jen! Keep us updated on the good, bad (hopefully little), and ugly. And yes, it is amazing! You and your family will have a wonderful time!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome,

Family and a 5th wheel makes for lots of challenges but certainly doable. Be sure to check the "other" mainstream rv forums for their 5th wheel subsections. I have read threads about families going out for a year or so.

Also try to watch some YouTube vids on the same topic of families in rv's. There's several out there. Type in "family in RV" on your search, there's quite a few 4,5,6 kids families videos there, some this tens of thousands of views so not "cell phone" productions.

If you have rig specific questions there's also owners groups you can join.

Our subforums for electrical, mechanical and boondocking may be of help to you. With a large family and a fully self-contained rv you dont have some of the same issues that vandwellers encounter so be sure to poke around.

Good luck and enjoy the new lifestyle!

Hello Jen, welcome!!
Yes! An amazing adventure!

Welcome to the CRVL Forums     :) 

I keep hearing on TV about this smoking hot Real Estate market here in 2017 so it may be the year to sell a home and with fuel prices being reasonable.....the same time to travel too.  Even look for better markets and work while traveling. 

I was looking online for references to this housing market and saw this.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/13/2017-shaping-up-to-be-fastest-housing-market-on-record.html

But I applaud what you are doing for your kids.  Early (as possible) childhood learning builds a better foundation for later life personal growth and development.  This can be a great time for all of you.

I would suggest you acquire one of these NOAH Weather Radios to keep close all the time when you travel.

3611812_g.jpg

Description

http://thevane.gawker.com/you-need-to-buy-a-weather-radio-1718320723

If you already have one and know about this stuff,  forgive me for telling you what you already know.   Others considering jumping into this way of life may benefit from this just he same. 

These aren't too expensive.  But if such a radio saves your lives once.....it would be worth it.

Welcome, Jen! Congrats on jumping in to fulltime!! I have a niece with cystic fibrosis, so I know a little of the challenges you're facing! Sounds like y'all have a great attitude about dealing with life's ups and downs! Will you be starting a blog or vlog? I think your unique situation could be quite the inspiration for others facing the same sort of obstacles!

Thank you all for the warm welcome. We have been dreaming of this for yrs. I have been toying with the idea of a vlog and/or blog. Once we actually get moving I will hopefully start one. Right now we are concrete camping in the drive way while the house is being gutted.

Latest posts