watter pump

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travlin man and wife

Reaction score
I have a 2011 chevy express 2500 200,000 miles ( I bought new ) I am changing belts and hoses would you change water pump while I have it apart

Wow! That is really great, just curious which engine do you have? Apparently you have followed some type of maintenance schedule so I would assume. Are you changing belts and hoses as part of that or was there a reason like abnormal wear or overheating?

only change parts that are in good working order if you know for sure it is a sub-par part. like if you had a pump failure in the middle of nowhere and had to install an el cheapo chinese pump. highdesertranger

t hanks HDR I will not change pump.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Bullfrog nothing special . changed oil every 5000 miles. plugs and wires. pads and rooters, brake fluid, power steering fluid. front  wheal bearing hubs (one went bad ) belts, transmission fluid, rear dif oil, were all changed at 100,000 miles and now it is time to do it again. 4.8 with 6 speed transmission. I have never had a problem with this van. I had a 2007 with same engine with 160.000 with no problems until I got rear ended by drunk who police said was doing 110 mph. we did not get hurt he just pushed me down the road. but he did not fare so good. pushed my bumper all the way to the rear wheels. got 90,000 out of first set of tires. the ones on their now have 113.000 but they are about ready to be changed maybe another 10,000,