Washing clothes

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snow Gypsy said:
Right now, we have 3 adults wearing winter clothing and laundry is costing a bundle!  I just checked and the "Scrubba" is available at both Amazon and Cabelas, read the reviews and it sounds interesting since we want to be able to be off-grid.  
I won't even speak the cost of laundry right now as I am in denial that it is so high.

If you get the Scrubba, please come back with a review. I'm debating this one too. Laundromat prices are shocking IMO.

I think the only way I would use the water to do laundry would be if I knew I was moving the trailer and had to dump and fill anyways in a day or so. Even then just light stuff like socks, undies, T-shirts and swim shorts.

Almost There makes a good point, I know men (and women, like most things, both sexes do it) who will do this exact thing
Hell, my wife used this exact manipulative procedure, as did just about every woman I was ever in a close relationship with

RVTravel said:
Negative generalizing about men..omg.

Yes, RVT, it is quite common on this forum, and in society in general
Cindi does however keep somewhat of a rein on it most of the time

RVTravel said:
Negative generalizing about men..omg.
NOT TO THREAD JACK, BUT YES!!

This is exactly why I have been mostly lurking the last 6 month's. I chime in with a comment, then un-sub from the topic. If someone is a posting a question on a public forum for advice, I try and help with my 2 cents, but sometimes I feel attacked for giving a mans perspective. Its how it goes on Internet forums. I still love this manifestation of Bobs dream, so I still hang around... Mostly lurking. [emoji12]

However, I do see a few of the women that were causing alot of drama, have either stopped posting or are lurking. This is the Internet after all, and the nature of the beast. I'm happy to leave a comment, then move on to my other forums.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Highdesertranger,
I have a salad spinner that I have kept for two years now and haven't used it once. I am considering getting rid of it because of lack of use.
Belinda2

Milk Hauler said:
NOT TO THREAD JACK, BUT YES!!

This is exactly why I have been mostly lurking the last 6 month's. I chime in with a comment, then un-sub from the topic. If someone is a posting a question on a public forum for advice, I try and help with my 2 cents, but sometimes I feel attacked for giving a mans perspective. Its how it goes on Internet forums. I still love this manifestation of Bobs dream, so I still hang around... Mostly lurking. [emoji12]

However, I do see a few of the women that were causing alot of drama, have either stopped posting or are lurking. This is the Internet after all, and the nature of the beast. I'm happy to leave a comment, then move on to my other forums.

Don't give up, you can occasionally glean good information from this Forum.
Just got back from the Ehrenberg laundromat. A number of the group (Bob's Tribe) that are here in Ehrenberg, all real full-time vandwellers, are doing laundry. It is so dirty out here it's the only way we can get our clothes clean. We are also using the free Wi-Fi, taking showers because the laundromat offers showers for a small fee, drinking coffee and socializing... we are also stocking up on water and because we have to pay for it and space in a van is limited and the weight would be prohibitive.... we are not buying it to wash clothes. The nearest free water source would be the Colorado River two miles away and difficult to access. Don't give up on the Forum!! Many people on the forums are still tied to society's Behaviour because they do not actually live this lifestyle.

Agreed! Still love this forum too

I did order a Scrubba from Cabelas and I'll report back on it once it arrives and I test it out.

Also, when it comes to comments about men/women, I have learned to ignore what a man might say about women or a woman about men. I have been around long enough to just say "Whatever" and move on. I have probably known more men and more women than your average person and just like with race and religion, you cannot lump them altogether, not even the way they do laundry.

Yep, lots of people will do a sloppy job in order to not have to do again. There is a cure for that. Act like a child, get treated like a child.

I use a standard 50 litre dry bag in the same way as a Scrubba. I would not use the wash board thingy in the Scrubba, anyway. Only do summer clothes daily. Bag sits on floor in the passenger footwell as I drive and that provides agitation without any work for me. Works for me and much cheaper.

Stop whining, guys -- women have been putting up with that kind of sh!t for well over a hundred thousand years. Why gritch when the worm turns?

We have a lot of clothes which means weekly laundry trips for us girls. Laundry mats are good and some car washes even have them, but we also use truck stops or dad's place.

Australian outback living, my family of four kids got by with a PressaWash.

Does 5-7 pounds at a time, just add a tiny bit of boiling water few drops of soap, hand crank turn it over a few times per minute, everything comes out beautifully clean!

Fits under the sink, can store stuff in it.

Looks like called Wonder-wash, Ezywash here.

Gypsy, one of the Amazon reviews included a positive one from a fellow running it off 200w solar and a 700w inverter.  He didn't say anything about bank size, but I'd think 200Ah or so.

Have you considered one of the manual tumblebug types?  No power required.

> Have you considered one of the manual tumblebug types?

That's what I was talking about #74

Never heard that name for them.

Work a treat!