Wash water/showering using pressurised water

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 6 gal collapsable foot pump shower that works great & pressurizes it. Like this from Amazon Dr. Prepare Portable Outdoor Shower Bag, 24L Camping Hiking Pack with Foot Pump and Press-Type Shower Nozzle for Backpacking TravelDr. Prepare Portable Outdoor Shower Bag, 24L Camping Hiking Pack with Foot Pump and Press-Type Shower Nozzle for Backpacking Travel$48.99
For a constant air supply you cant beat a scuba tank with an old set of cheap regs you can pick up for next to nothing. 3000 psi 80 cf with a tire adaptor will fill tires also whwn needed & supply a lot of low pressure air for a water system. I like a sink spyer for a shower, no waste at all. Another was is a 12v small submersable pump under $15. 3 gallons per minute, drops in a 5 gallon size opening about 1-1/4". We used them at hunting camps & never had one go bad. I have 20 new fireman air paks that work great for spraying anything you don't want to breath. you can extend the hosed so you don't have to wear the tank & have a big clear face mask.  Just some ideas I've used.

Keg Water Systems Finally Explained - Mexico Water Filtration - Everlanders see the World!

RV Van Life said:
 . . . What is the high objection with using a regular 12v air compressor? . . .

Diaphragm compressors have a little and piston compressors have more oil mist mixed with the air.  Oil, if ingested will make you sick.  Oily rinse water won't do much for your hair or dishes either.

I bet NASA has this firgured out.

ped said:
I bet NASA has this firgured out.

They do use wet wipes I've heard. Growing up in the 80s to 40 something parents I was very much in the space age mindset. From flying saucers and moons made of cheese to space catastrophes simulcast around the country live. My dad called me Sputnik Spike playfully. The one thing I've always wanted to do after seeing film of extraplanetary madcaps that is beyond my grasp is to eat a globe of liquid tang drink out of thin air. I could die happy.

But this project is on hold temporarily. I still need some hardware to complete the fittings and transportation has been an issue lately. Also there is the budget.

Youll have a hard time over-pressurizing a hand sprayer. It will bulge quite a bit before leaking, and when it leaks it usually is non-eventful. It will literally start to stretch a little with too much psi. More likely though you will just get leaks through the seals or the hose will pop off.

RVs used to have pressurized water systems. I have a big steel 40 gallon tank in basement, looks like a propane tank, that is for psi water. It is steel, and probably could take over 200 psi, way more than Rv needs. RVs quit using pressurized tanks. The water pump ones are just less likely to leak and are safer.

That said, if you want psi then make it out of PVC pipe. This is meant for drinking water so is food grade already. These are high pressure, more than you would want showering or sinking.

But my advice, dont bother, use a water pump.