Warning about Induction Cooktops EMF Radiation

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matlock said:
Here's ur Protection in them EV's.
Yeah but the tin foil hats would only be optimum for your head. In the Tesla pics I've seen, the passengers sit right on the battery - so what about their underparts?

Underpants, I don't wear no underpants.

tx2, I missed out on the plain one and the one with the outback side snap, my patent is only for the one with the ostrich feather. :)

Foil hats or other such clothing only works to block the dangerous forms of EMF if there is a ground strap. Our patented, foil lined, cotton Capirote is made with pure lead-free tin. No aluminum. We have a pure copper wire that leads down to a replaceable, spark free, tungsten ground strap that trails discreetly by your left heal. We offer a lifetime guarantee of protection from all EMFs.
We are planning to introduce one of the Ushanka style following the Black Friday rush.

of course you all realize that a tin foil hat or faraday cage skivvies can form a Helmholtz resonator. Especially if the cavity inside is a multiple or factorial of the frequency of the EMF.
So make sure the tinfoil (or aluminum) is very wrinkled.
Easily achieved if it's obtained second hand from a bin.

You realize that a tin foil hat only protects from EMF from above.  If it is coming up from underneath it acts as a reflector.  So you get twice as much.

I think I will make a big tinfoil bag, get inside, and go curl up in a corner.
Years later when they find me, they will wonder if someone wanted to cook this creature on an engine block and just forgot about it...

I have an induction cooktop.  Duxtop 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner, Gold 8100MC/BT-180G3
I also have an EMF meter so I did some tests of my own.

[img=600x600]https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61u0m8VP01L._AC_SL1500_.jpg[/img]

I found it was much safer than I thought it would be.
Very little stray EMF.  I consider it perfectly safe as far as electromagnetic emissions are concerned.
Of course, it could vary by manufacturer and model.  But THIS ONE is really safe.
That said, I have it.....but haven't used it yet because it uses a lot of energy so I usually use my dual propane stove.

InductionCooktop1340169.jpg

InductionCooktopP1340168.jpg

Attachments

• InductionCooktop1340169.jpg
    InductionCooktop1340169.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 45
  • InductionCooktopP1340168.jpg
    InductionCooktopP1340168.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 46
Just a reminder that we are talking about non-ionizing radiation.
The only ones telling you that non-ionizing radiation is harmful are the ones trying to sell you something.
what-is-radiation_002_MYzKmQj.jpg

I can light a bulb under the power lines that cross the swamp.

I can light a bulb under the power lines that cross the swamp.

Yeah, with enough fluorescent bulbs you could have all the lighting out in that swamp you could ever hope for.
The magnetic flux is certainly there......but harnessing it without breaking laws is another thing.
Still, not as easy as it sounds.

Then I suggest the one I tested. It has VERY low EMF emissions.

Disclaimer: I was not paid nor compensated in any way shape or form for posting that. It just happens to be the one I bought and tested.

But as another posted....it's non-ionizing radiation so it really doesn't damage cells anyway.

The study is talking about EMF in the megahertz and gigahertz range.
Such as that which is used in radio and television broadcast. Because such transmitters produce EMF at a level which is possibly dangerous.
I used to work in broadcast, for NBC Sports and Olympics. I was on the engineering team for a west coast regional broadcaster co-owned by NBC, Comcast and the San Francisco Giants. We did limit our exposure to transmitters, though by the 2010's we were just using satellite uplinks and microwave transceivers. None of the classic VHF/UHF stuff. Though we did have a bunch of that in our recycling pile that I had to dispose of!
As regards absorption of energy by the human body,
electromagnetic fields can be divided into four ranges
(Durney et al. 1985):
● frequencies from about 100 kHz to less than about
20 MHz, at which absorption in the trunk de-
creases rapidly with decreasing frequency, and
significant absorption may occur in the neck and
legs;
● frequencies in the range from about 20 MHz to
300 MHz, at which relatively high absorption can
occur in the whole body, and to even higher
values if partial body (e.g., head) resonances are
considered;
● frequencies in the range from about 300 MHz to
several GHz, at which significant local, non-
uniform absorption occurs; and
● frequencies above about 10 GHz, at which energy
absorption occurs primarily at the body surface.
The only mention of 50hz/60hz EMF at all in the cited paper is overhead distribution power lines and electric blankets. No mention of induction cooktops which have been around for decades, and would have been included if they were salient.
Studies that have examined the use
of electrical appliances (primarily electric blankets) in
relation to cancer and other health problems have re-
ported generally negative results

Negative in the clinical, scientific use of the term, meaning no connection.
Read it yourself here, without visiting the spammy website full of misinformation that tries to sell you fake cures.

Amazing how quick people are to defend things they do not understand.
Yes, the OP is correct. EMF fields are real and everything electric does emit EMF's. These are not natural like the Earth might give off. 120 hz electricity is where the "bad" EMF comes from, dirty electricity from the power company, and yes, "dirty" is what it is really called.
All the wiring in your house is expelling this EMF, every appliance does too. The only way to get away from it is to physically distance yourself or to use some sort of shielding.
It will not kill you like an electric chair, but it is harmful and will do damage in small amounts over a lifetime. Cell phones emit microwave radiation, not to be confused with nuclear radiation that some will knee-jerk a response about unrelated to the topic. Millimeter waves are not good for human tissue. Some phones are worse than others, none good. Again, you will not die today, but it does damage in tiny amounts. Even using a cooktop off of your batteries has EMF to it. I think a more common term is, electromagnetic plume. THoses electric cars? Yep, electromagnetic plume right under your assets, not gonna kill you but is not healthy either.
Yes, everyone has been exposed to radiation, but this is not a reason to go get exposed even more or increase it in your life.
People smoke some and still live long lives, but is not a reason to chain smoke every day, and though it might not be what kills you, the damage effects are obvious on the skin of a smoker.
Do things that do not kill you right away still do damage? Yes. Is damage bad? I would assume any damage to your body is bad. How bad you want to get is up to you.

what country uses 120hz AC? As far as I know all countries use either 50 or 60hz.
Voltage varies from 100V to 240V depending on whether we are talking Japan, US, Europe, Oceania etc.

Induction Cooktops use Microwave Oven Technology. I found this info on a google search.

https://emfacademy.com/induction-cooktop-radiation/
Do induction cooktops emit radiation? Yes, induction cooktops do emit electromagnetic frequency radiation when used, and exposure to this radiation can be dangerous if not properly managed. Induction cooktops emit a fairly large amount of EMF radiation, and you are at the greatest risk when near the cooktop, however distance and proper equipment can significantly reduce your risk.
Well I have a microwave in the mobile and one in the rv..TRUTH IS..Itook out the microwave in the rv.. and the propane cook top.. the micro took upso much space.. livin off grid and using a microwave.... rather use the energy for other things.. I love the induction stove and cook most all my stuff there or in the little crock pot when I want something hot. BTW... DON'T ask me to cook for you... YOU TRULY WILL REGRET IT..hahahhaa
oh the cook top had a ridiculous design. and the on off switches were set in such bad places.. you could turnem on and not know it.. removed the cooktop.. and had the line capped and put a top over for cookin and prepping ..
the carado banff was NOT mad by a person who really did camping.. I can still plug in from the outside and use my little propane stove..trust me.. I still dont use it enough ..so don't ask me to cook ... hahahahaha

HEY I'M GONNA HAVE TO MAKE ME ONE OF THEM.. EPIC DESIGN..
MY FAMILY WROTE ME OFF LONG AGO...
IN MY WORLD. ...TIN IS IN !