Wanderlust: Uncloaking after a decade

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wanderlust

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I followed CRVL, Bob, and other vanlifers for a decade. Time to drop my cloaking devices and come out.

I (like many of you) watched MANY hours of videos, read dozens of blogs, considered many different travel setups. But it was watching, not doing.

During this decade I owned a used Econoline, junked it when needed too much too expensive repairs.
Also, did an epic trip from East Coast to the West in my Honda Odyssey (in 3 and 1/2 days, stopping only to sleep and refuel) during the first weeks of covid lockdowns. I junked it too because expensive repairs loomed, and I did not want to go to a mechanic.

So now I am hoping to get something a start the wandering, when pandemic will be over if few weeks. Of course not really over, covid will became endemic, just part of the life and its risks.

Thanks for the forum, for the support, and thanks that my username was still available - I could not believe my luck!

Welcome to the VL forums ! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.