Walmart banking?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James AKA Lynx

Reaction score
Anybody use Walmart banks as their primary banks on the road?<br><br>Good, bad, indifferent?<br><br>James AKA Lynx

I have used their money transfer service to get money to my son about five states over. he had cash the next day. much better than a bank.

Aren't they just other independent banks that set up in walmart?&nbsp; Are they all the same/connected?

I don't know what you mean by Walmart banks. &nbsp;I know they tried to get into banking but they were not allowed to.<br><br>Do you mean the money services such as wire transfers, or payment systems and money orders?&nbsp;

The Walmart's here in the south (at least where I live) have "Woodforest" banks in them. Walmart also partnered with American Express to make something called "Bluebird". I initially thought about opening an account because Walmart is pretty much everywhere now but after doing some online research I couldn't find anyone that had anything good to say about it. People were mostly complaining that it could take up to a week or more for deposits to show up in their accounts, and some even complained about money disappearing. It was enough for me to lose interest quickly. I would be very cautious if this is indeed what you were referring to.

Latest posts