VT is Back to the Forum

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanTrekker

Reaction score
Hi friends!  I have been away for quite some time.  In 2011 I bought a 2007 Chevy Express van, converted it, and traveled around Iowa.  In 2014 I lived in it for a few months following the death of my father.  I bought a trailer home later that year and kept the van for casual camping.  In 2018 I've been experiencing work and financial problems... but the van is bailing me out!

I'm working in another city and county too far from home for a daily commute.  The good old "Trekker Van" allows me to work, camp, work another day and then return home.  It's truly the best of both worlds - van dwelling and home base dwelling part time.  The last 7 year have brought a lot of ups and downs:  job turnovers, deaths in the family, financial problems, depression, health issues, and plenty of good times.  I've kept a blog during all that time - vantrekker.com

Tomorrow marks another day of work trekking ... what I call the commute, work, camp, work, and commute adventure!  Take care and happy camping!  Enjoy every day!

Brad, the Van Trekker
Kitty Jennifer Stefanie, the co-pilot

Hi Brad, welcome - isn't that cool that the van is helping you through your current crisis. I used to own a white Ford Aerostar van and referred to it as my homelessness insurance.