Veterans Day

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullfrog

Reaction score
To all those that in the past, presently and in the future give up their freedoms and more for a period of time to serve so that hopefully all may have the opportunity to live free. Thank you from one that knows what that means.

Served in US Military 1972-1983. Almost 11 years total, 6 yrs overseas; 5yrs in combat zones.
Technically with USAF Pararescue Units tho worked mostly with joint DoD SF units and actually received a couple checks that were cut by the US Navy. I never ever did figure that one out but apparently I was in on something that the Navy got charged for. 🤷🏻‍♂️😂 but hey as long as the check don’t bounce. 😎

Sooo long ago……..
jonny boi

THANK YOU vets, The bottom of my heart! If it wasn’t for you, we wouldn’t have the freedom to be nomads, would we? God bless all the vets today and their families who sacrificed too. Bless all the gold star, mothers and fathers. It’s about time the Senate and House got off their butts and started really taking care of vets. I have friends whose daughter is in the service back-and-forth overseas quite often and her family takes food stamps to try to make Ends meet. I say we cut the Politicians salaries Way back and give it to the vets. At the risk of being censored, and being political, whether you are on his side or not, our last president gave every cent of his salary to veterans. Please moderators keep this post. I’m not campaigning I’m just saying there’s one thing he did right.

I served for 15 years, taking an early retirement in 1995. I would not have missed it for the world! I have visited or lived in 10 countries. I served so others could reap the benefits of freedom. Its nice to be recognized for my contribution and it was my honor to serve you. Its sad that we are losing so many veterans to suicide each year.

Latest posts