Very newby!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbracco

Reaction score
Hello Bob and company,

I stopped in here once before but never posted.

My name is Monica. I live in Wisconsin and I'm retired. I've waivered for a long time regarding living a "conventional" life vs a nomad life.

I recently bought a 2016 Ram Promaster 2500. With the help of people close to me, I'm in the beginning stages of creating a home. I've bought things here and there for the build and am discovering how expensive most of it is.

I've watched and enjoyed many of your videos. So many great ideas and encouraging words. Thank you for being there Bob! I know you're a blessing to many and I would love to earn the title of friend!

I'll search around your site for answers to many questions I have. If anyone has suggestions for good prices on basics I would so appreciate it. Right now I'm trying to find the swivel parts for the seats. I get really confused at times because of so many sites but not a lot of answered questions.

I hope life is going well. Such troubling times that we all have to make adjustments to. Blessings!

Welcome mbracco to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the CRVL Forum :)

Not sure if you own a house, codo, or appartment as I suggest this.

If you were in a time share where you could sub-let to someone in a northern Canada
who would see Wisconsin as a place to "Snowbird" in the winter months, then that could give you several months of the year to travel as a Nomad and still have a place to come back to when it gets hot in the USA. Just a thought.

I see you speak of so much info to crunch, but I'd offer you to take a look at the two links below. They may be more of a fast track for you in getting started.

Good luck and all the best !

Thank You. I'm from NW WI. Born in OR, grew up in Milwaukee. All the best to you, too!

eDJ_ said:
Welcome to the CRVL Forum  :)

Not sure if you own a house, codo, or appartment as I suggest this.
I see you speak of so much info to crunch,  but I'd offer you to take a look at the two links below.  They may be more of a fast track for you in getting started.

Good luck and all the best !
Thank you. I rented so I borrowed money and saved money. This is an expensive venture starting, for me, but am hoping the future will hold promise!

Best of luck with your project! I hope you design a home you loved. 
I found info on swivel parts for seats on this forum:  https://www.fordtransitusaforum.com/forums/
They focus on Ford Transits but the companies selling swivel seat parts probably make them for Dodge Promaster too. 
This link has reviews of different swivel seats:  https://faroutride.com/swivels-review/

One thing about swivel seats: are you going to be traveling alone or with someone else? I ask because originally I thought I needed swivel seat parts, which are pricey, $300 each or so, and can be hard to track down.  However, what I ultimately realized was that because I was traveling alone, and because of the way I did my van build, I didn't need swivel seats.  I just needed to take out the passenger seat and re-install it in the reversed position, and wa-la, I now had a reclining easy chair in my van home, facing the living area.  The driver seat didnt' need to swivel because I had the sink cabinet right behind it.  Easy-peasy to just install the passenger seat in reverse position and best of all it costs nothing!

Latest posts