Very Cool 1949 Mini Bus Conversion

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool old bus! Think I would have gone a bit retro with the int on a bus that old. Hahahaha! Cosplay camping anyone? LOL!

John

Konaexpress said:
Cool old bus! Think I would have gone a bit retro with the int on a bus that old. Hahahaha! Cosplay camping anyone? LOL!

John

Cosplay camping LOL Could be a new trend. I like it. Not the Japanese anime stuff but period costumes would be cool.

I sent you a PM btw. Not about cosplay lol

Did I see a reply that said it was for sale????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the knotty pine paneling that i picked out for my Grumann Olson conversion! I like it!

rvpopeye said:
Did I see a reply that said it was for sale????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to his website and it has been sold. He converted a truck with a camper now. Kids grew up and didn't need the larger sized bus.

Awwwwww.
Too bad . Just needed a little girlin' up and drive !
Lots of good design ideas though.
Did it say how much he sold it for ?

That is really cool! I love bus conversions, they just don't work in my life right now, but maybe one day?

rvpopeye said:
Awwwwww.
Too bad . Just needed a little girlin' up and drive !
Lots of good design ideas though.
Did it say how much he sold it for ?

It didn't say. it was a forum like page. I didn't search for price but saw his reply to someone that he sold it while gas prices were low and that it had served it's purpose for his family and he didn't want it parked in a yard falling apart. He wanted someone to enjoy it.

masterplumber said:
That is really cool! I love bus conversions, they just don't work in my life right now, but maybe one day?

Anything is possible. You never know when that door may open at just the right time. I really liked this one. I would say it cost a little bit to get it so nice. Definitely worth it though. Especially if you are full timing in one.

SaltySeaWitch said:
Cosplay camping LOL Could be a new trend. I like it. Not the Japanese anime stuff but period costumes would be cool.

I sent you a PM btw. Not about cosplay lol

Um......no on the anime, can't stand that stuff.

I was implying period costumes of WWII or pre though the bus is older than that. If a little fantasy is needed then a smidgen of Diesel Punk.

Dang does this make me want an old Greyhound with a little Howard Stark or the future of tomorrow thrown in.

John

Konaexpress said:
Um......no on the anime, can't stand that stuff.

I was implying period costumes of WWII or pre though the bus is older than that. If a little fantasy is needed then a smidgen of Diesel Punk.

Dang does this make me want an old Greyhound with a little Howard Stark or the future of tomorrow thrown in.

John

Ooooh....WWII would be cool. I could do those victory curls in my hair and draw a line on my calf for stockings lol. Some of that style of dresses are coming back in style actually. Pin up girl dresses. I like it. All patriotic and stuff.

Does that mean if I buy an 8o's bus I should go back to big hair and fluorescent socks? Cruising to some 80's metal. Actually, I do that now...no change there. Those were good times my friend lol.

Hey Madonna was a big 80s phenom , now there's a lot of costume ideas,totally different every year,,, (almost Anime at times). Metal was mostly shredded everything and leather wasn't it ?

SaltySeaWitch said:
Ooooh....WWII would be cool. I could do those victory curls in my hair and draw a line on my calf for stockings lol. Some of that style of dresses are coming back in style actually. Pin up girl dresses. I like it. All patriotic and stuff.

Does that mean if I buy an 8o's bus I should go back to big hair and fluorescent socks? Cruising to some 80's metal. Actually, I do that now...no change there. Those were good times my friend lol.

Hahaha! I always keep an 80's play list on my iPhone! One for rock and one for pop! :D

John

rvpopeye said:
Hey Madonna was a big 80s phenom , now there's a lot of costume ideas,totally different every year,,, (almost Anime at times). Metal was mostly shredded everything and leather wasn't it ?

I'll take Lita Ford over Madonna any day. Never was a big Madonna fan. Lita still looks pretty good today.

Lita_Out_For_Blood.jpg
Lita_Ford.jpg