Verizon Unlimited / No throttle Jetpack

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B and C said:
My Verizon (VZW) phone is about $80 mo on the Above Unlimited plan and the tethering is 4g for 20 GB before throttling in congested areas. My jetpack is an additional $20 mo and is capped at 600 Kbps (3g) all the time (no throttling or deprioritization).

I found that 3G (600KBPS) is sufficient for DVD quality streaming without buffering from the old $5 a mo for unlimited 3G days. I do not need 4G speeds and really cannot tell much difference in page loads.
I agree, .6Mbps is fine for me too.

What would be the cheapest VZW plan (voice/text only dumb phone maybe?) to get that $20/mo price on the jetpack.

No need for data for the phone nor hotspotting through it.

The new Mobley's are now tied to your vehicles VIN code I think through the OBD connector. In any case it will only work in the OBD connector in the vehicle it is tied to. It is 4g but not sure on the throttling. ATT website under connected car would be the place to look for their new offerings. I have had mine for a year and a half. I doubt you will be able to find one of the original Mobley's that can be made to work anywhere with 12V but you can look.

Again, it is easy to chat or call VZW to find out. I have a smartphone and a jetpack so my info is no good in your situation. You can chat or call without having to sign up.