Vented propane heater

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matlock

Reaction score
It's that time of year again and I'm back to looking for a vented heater. The Buddy heater has worked well but I'm tired of the smell and moisture a non-vented unit produces, even with vents opened and a small fan running.  If I were able to travel to warmer weather the Buddy would be ok but this year I'm stuck for another winter in the NE, living in my cutaway box van.
I'm looking for a thermostat controlled vented propane heater.

So far this one looks promising. Heatsource Propex HS2000 vented propane @ 6500 BTU. It's a UK produced model and has mostly good reviews. It's priced around $700 and users say it will run for 64 hrs on 5 lbs of LP.

HS2000.jpg
I like the small size and easy install kit, not thrilled about the $.
Any thoughts on this or other vented heater choices?

Attachments

• HS2000.jpg
    HS2000.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 16
There are simpler to install units that are vented. I did see some, but can't find the links due to new computer. I will try. They all have to use the same amount of fuel for the amount of BTU's.

that is not very expensive for a vented unit and it is very economical if that is the correct consumption.

I have the Dickenson P12000, which would be easier to install but it consumes about twice as much propane per hour and no thermostat control. high to low and a fan with a variable speed which is a bit noisy especially on high, however if you run the heater on low you don't need the fan on.