Vehicle Inventory

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akblack10

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else has done an inventory of vehicle contents? &nbsp;I know it may sound like a "master of the obvious" comment but until recently I did not have a complete inventory roster of what belongings I have in my truck and camper. &nbsp;I made a list and took pictures in the event I suffer a theft or fire, etc....<div>It will help with insurance and just piece of mind. &nbsp;Does anyone else have a complete inventory. &nbsp;Again it may sound like the obvious this to do but when I had a big house full of "things" I never had a complete inventory of my belongings. &nbsp;Now with fewer things to worry about, I did it with my home on wheels.</div><div>-AK</div>

<p style="margin: 0px;">Great idea!&nbsp; It will give me a fun little project while out camping this weekend.&nbsp; </p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">I'm not sure if the insurance company would&nbsp;pay for lost contents... I might have to get an extra rider on the policy...</p>

Check with your vehicle insurer to see what is and what is not insured... My insurance states that anything insured has to bolted to the actual vehicle meaning computer and the rest of the "loose" gear is not insured... I have a very extensive policy with progressive...<br><br>Best bet is to get your insurer on the phone and know exactly what and what not they are insuring... You maybe very surprised, list or no...<br><br>

Allstate allows you to add insurance for contents as well but right now I just have basic liability with uninsured/underinsured since I am not living in it yet. I may or may not keep the insurance with Allstate once I am ready to live in it since I want to check with companies who specialize in full timers plans.<br>

Great idea of a photo inventory.&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>I had a rather unpleasant experience with insurance coverage on contents of my vehicle. I still had the Truckhut and was at a laundromat, where my pack was stolen off the folding table behind my back....how stupid to have taken it off .....anyhow, it was a cluster you-know-what, since the truck keys were in the pack and of course the truck was locked. AAA came and unlocked the door and suggested I call my insurance agent about the stolen stuff. Progressive not only covered the pack and it's contents, even though it wasnt actually stolen from the truck, but offered to pay for new locks on the truck. The police recovered the pack from a nearby park. I went ahead and filed a claim for the camera and contents of the pack. Boy did I ever get hammered with a premium increase! I paid out more over the next year in premiums than I got for the lost gear. So the advice to check with your insurance company before doing anything is a wise one.&nbsp;</div>

<p style="margin: 0px;">I'm not sure if it could apply to converted vans or not, but my class B was insured as an RV through Progressive, and the policy also covered items stolen from inside and around the outside of the camper up to a certain amount ($3000 or $5000 I think).&nbsp; The policy was about $220 a year. Might be worth looking into.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">I'm not sure if the title has to be listed as a motor home or some such...</p>