Vans, RVs, Busses and collisions with large herbivores at night

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine have worked for the year so far, only 1 came loose and I staple gunned it.... hope it helps you out too...

I used some of those at work.  They work good but after a few years they started to slide around and eventually fell off (vertical application, i used them to stick a cord on the wall for easy access).    Still was very impressed i wasn't expecting them to last that long.

DazarGaidin said:
I used some of those at work.  They work good but after a few years they started to slide around and eventually fell off (vertical application, i used them to stick a cord on the wall for easy access).    Still was very impressed i wasn't expecting them to last that long.
Thanks DazarGaidin. I'm thinking I might use a couple on each cabinet door and pick up a pad of thumbtacks when I get the velcro buttons.  Maybe put a thumbtack through each button to reinforce the adhesive on back of the velcro.

Carpet tacks would be better. The shape will have more friction surface when pushed into wood. 

We use velcro too on a few of our more problematic doors. You can get a roll or strips of heavy duty industrial velco at Home Depot or Lowes and cut it to size. It works a little better than the craft store velcro.

I've got some warpage on some of the doors presented too big a challenge for the velcro in some instances.&nbsp; Turned out rare-earth magnets carefully placed where the two surfaces actually meet holds things together more firmly.<br /><br />How'd we ever live without super glue?