van won't start, looking for ideas

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
highdesertranger said:
I can get most of the older GM shop manuals online in PFD.  if any body else needs one let me know.  kurbmaster if you need to replace the pick up let us know I can walk you through give you some tips.  highdesertranger

HDR  
Your offer of shop manuals for older GM vehicles has me wanting one for my 2000 Chevy Express 3500 that my Roadtrek is built on.  I have done a few searches for it, but cannot find any for a reasonable amount.  I would GREATLY appreciate one, even if it is for the GMC version (shouldn't be much difference).

Thanks, Brian

B and C said:
HDR  
Your offer of shop manuals for older GM vehicles has me wanting one for my 2000 Chevy Express 3500 that my Roadtrek is built on.  I have done a few searches for it, but cannot find any for a reasonable amount.  I would GREATLY appreciate one, even if it is for the GMC version (shouldn't be much difference).

Thanks, Brian
Look Here

highdesertranger said:
I just happen to have a paper manual for your 2000,  will that due.  
I will see if I can find a PFD.  highdesertranger

I would rather have a pdf, but any manual is better than none.  Going to be at the RTR?
Ooops :blush:  May have hijacked the thread......

Brian

Thanks guys the thread is pretty much over, you can hijack it all you want, I went into town today, decided to buy the ingnition control module, gave it a try, as in my experience coils rarely blow, took a chance on a hunch and it paid off, changed it and it started right away. I sure appreciate the manual, i have been looking for one, will download it to my computer thanks HDR and everyone else who gave advice much appreciated.

B and C said:
I would rather have a pdf, but any manual is better than none.  Going to be at the RTR?
Ooops :blush:   May have hijacked the thread......

Brian

Forgot to ask what you wanted for the paper manual?  

Thanks FKM for letting me hijack the thread and glad you found the problem on the first "parts" swap.  My ol' '77 Dodge used to blow the resistor pack for the distributor.  I always carried a spare after that and a spare fuel pump.

B and C, all I can find for free is up to 1991. there are plenty off options if you want to pay money. sorry, btw way I was thinking of $25.00 for the paper. actually if I were to put it on craigs list I would put it on for $40.00 obo and would have to think real hard about selling it for under 30.00. highdesertranger

For those who are driving rigs with the gm HEI high energy ignition distributor: Since it is really a high output system, it is not uncommon for the coil to blast a hole right thru the rotor and the spark will then follow the dizzy shaft down into the block.  This results in no spark getting to the plug wires and on down to the plugs.  So when I find a no spark condition at the plugs on a HEI equipped vehicle, I then pop off the dizzy cap, which contains the ignition coil, then remove the rotor and look for the telltale electrical burn mark dead in the center bottom of the rotor.  Failure to check for this issue can cause a whole lot of time & money being wasted.

OP: glad that you got it going!

Latest posts