van hood weatherstripping?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GypsyDogs

Reaction score
I guess I will put this under mechanical, as it is vehicle related, not 'build'

I have noticed a bit of water dripping in from the top (hinge) edge of the hood..
Usually my google-fu is strong.. but I can't seem to find reference to a bit of weatherstripping for the van hood top-line or whatever.
It looks like there Might have been something there.. before the repaint.. but I can't find anything.

maybe a bit of the generic stuff? low profile, really squishy, to gutter the water away from all the enginey stuff...?

Figured I would put the CRVL hive mind on it and see what you all come up with.

I'm guessing it's not a hood problem. Hoods don't really seal. I think it's more likely to be a leak or blockage in your air vents.

?? no.. it is not coming In the van.. just dripping on the motor and things under the hood.. just running down the windshield.. and down the front nose bit and down under/behind the hood.. onto the engine.

is there weather stripping there already? if not is there supposed to be weather stripping there? got a picture? highdesertranger

i don't think I've had a vehicle with weather stripping, but the newest I've had is 76

This is what mine is like. It just channels water to the corners of the engine bay, then it just runs between the firewall and fenders and onto the ground.

I need to get a picture. It looks to me like there Should be something, but has nothing...