Van Dweller - The NOT to do list...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dream True said:
Don't leave your TP for others to pick up. I was at a free campground a couple of months ago that did not have a toilet even though the description on the FS site said it did. A long wide ditch ran through the middle of the campground. There was so much TP in the ditch it looked like it had snowed. No "solids" so I know it was left by girls. I wish I could say to the perpetrators "I would expect this from beer-drinking belly-scratchers who don't get out much (no one here) but come on ladies, how hard is it to pick up 10 squares of tissue!"

Attachments

• savethetrees.jpg
    savethetrees.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 19
As Beast Master of the You Ain't Right Club I would strongly suggest not committing such an indignity on an Owl. 1) It ain't right.
2) These creatures are remarkably small. Yes, they look big, but they are mostly fluff. Read Harry the Hamster size and you want to avoid the Richard Geere (urban Legend) potential this method presents.

Cue music The Who.

I woke up in a Teton Archway and the Ranger knew my name.
You can go sleep it off in your Van tonight, it you can get up and walk away
I stood up and I farted; and looked down at my feathered feet
I remember throwing cusses around and Raptors from down there!!
Who are you
Who
Who
WHo
WHO?

What not to do. Don't lose your sense of humor. If we all learned to laugh, instead of getting angry, life becomes less stressful and you live and park longer in life.

3)  They are not about to allow that without biting what is approaching.   :(

If you travel with dogs, do not allow you dog to use the campsite areas for a bathroom...don't let puppy poop next to someone's van or RV. And..pick up after them!

Scott7022 said:
These creatures are remarkably small. Yes, they look big, but they are mostly fluff.
They are indeed much smaller than they look. But they pack quite a wallop--the musckes in their legs are enormously strong, giving them powerful grips with their talons. An adult Horned Owl is entirely capable of killing a deer. I'd not wanna mess with one.  ;)
Owls are magnificent birds. It is sad that short-sighted and selfish humans insist on cutting down and clearing their habitats, driving them to extinction. Humans are, by far, the most destructive species ever to inhabit this planet.  :(

Well, there's now some shit-for-brains panhandling all the customers in the Walmart lot here. Definitely on the DO NOT DO list.

(sigh)

Don't hang undies out to dry off the awning ....

unless they are really pretty undies and you want that kind of attention.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Attachments

• 04e22e9e2274294101bd52d9668d81ed--tiny-trailers-camping-trailers.jpg
    04e22e9e2274294101bd52d9668d81ed--tiny-trailers-camping-trailers.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 30
TexasWoman said:
Don't hang undies out to dry off the awning ....

unless they are really pretty undies and you want that kind of attention.

I hang my ugly boxer-briefs to dry off the side mirrors, because I am shameless.

highdesertranger said:
does TMG have a badge yet?  highdesertranger

Somehow, strangely, I've avoided one. I credit my overwhelmingly charming nature.

TMG51 said:
Somehow, strangely, I've avoided one. I credit my overwhelmingly charming nature.

That should qualify you.  

This goes before the membership committee.  :cool:  I do seem to remember at the 2015 RTR you driving through camp with laundry hanging and flapping.

If flapping underdrawers doesn't get him one, SOMEONE is being paid off.

Don't run an empty microwave in order to exercise your generator! (nope, it's not broken, but don't do it)  :p

TMG
Due to an unfortunate oversight you need to report to the YARC thread .
I've hung up my clothes to dry from my mirrors , the rear ladder , anything that a hanger would hang from on the rig outside and inside. So , that's one thing.
Have you by chance ever played an instrument , sung in the car or shower????

GotSmart said:
That should qualify you.  

This goes before the membership committee.  :cool:  I do seem to remember at the 2015 RTR you driving through camp with laundry hanging and flapping.

That sounds like me. Was I also playing 90s metal and driving too fast?

rvpopeye said:
TMG
Due to an unfortunate oversight you need to report to the YARC thread .
I've hung up my clothes to dry from my mirrors , the rear ladder , anything that a hanger would hang from on the rig outside and inside. So , that's one thing.

Yeah but, I leave mine up while driving. On the interstate.

And no, my musical ability is limited to carbonation and refried bean intake.

TMG51 said:
That sounds like me. Was I also playing 90s metal and driving too fast?

Yes, yes, you were.... :rolleyes: :p 

But you've since redeemed yourself by being sober when someone else wasn't ... :D 

And no, to all those who are curious, it wasn't me.... :angel:

Almost There said:
Yes, yes, you were.... :rolleyes: :p 

That sounds like me.

Almost There said:
But you've since redeemed yourself by being sober

That doesn't sound like me.

Ohh let's see, who might I have helped. Dianne? Lee? That graying fellow..... Rick, was it? Anywho, no need to say here. Good times had by all.

highdesertranger said:
does TMG have a badge yet?  highdesertranger

So what am I ... a potted plant?

No honorable mention or gold star stickie?

;)