Van Dweller - The NOT to do list...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TexasWoman said:
So what am I ... a potted plant?

No honorable mention or gold star stickie?

;)

:heart: :heart: :heart:

A potted Texas rose.  HMMMM.    

Read the You Ain't Right Club thread to find out the qualifications and rewards.  :huh:

A Stinkin Badge is for extreme cases of "not right", and sometimes it takes proof.  I witnessed Skidmark flying the boxer flag on his drive through the gathering.

gsfish said:
I'm not on Facebook or other social media but, for part timers who are, it would be a good idea NOT to let the world know that you "won't be home for the next three months" as you leave on a trip. If you must, then mention that friends/family will be house sitting.
Guy

All my life I never understood people that get house sitters.  And I always happily announced my trips online,  but that was when I lived in an apartment or condo with immediate neighbors and/or a few locked doors to get through.  Growing up we had very close neighbors and going away wasn't an issue as the house was surrounded with "eyes" on it.  

Now I have no neighbors and a house that would be a literal sitting duck.  So no more announcements online and a friend in town to either stay at or at least come check in on the place when I do head out of town.

GotSmart said:
A potted Texas rose.  HMMMM.    

Read the You Ain't Right Club thread to find out the qualifications and rewards.  :huh:

A Stinkin Badge is for extreme cases of "not right", and sometimes it takes proof.  I witnessed Skidmark flying the boxer flag on his drive through the gathering.

Oh .. ok then I guess I don't want the badge after all ...

I thought it was a good thing.

Never mind.

A few summers ago, I got a really great rate on a little camper cabin at Pagosa Riverside Campground.
The front desk didn't tell me about the  dump station right under one of the windows.
The first dump made me have to  leave the cabin.
From then on I knew to close all the windows quick when an RV pulled up.
Guess that's why the cabin was so cheap....

Moral of the story:

DON'T CAMP NEAR A DUMP STATION!

Attachments

• dump station.jpg
    dump station.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 27
Texas Rose, everyone has a little "you aint right" in them. think about it and post it, you will get your badge. highdesertranger

"Oh .. ok then I guess I don't want the badge after all ...  I thought it was a good thing."

It means you're one of the group.  It also gives you the chance to think to yourself:  "Jeeeeeez!  I'm glad that I'm not like THAT!"  :D

It's all relative.

highdesertranger said:
Texas Rose,  everyone has a little "you aint right" in them.  think about it and post it,  you will get your badge.  highdesertranger

Ok .... so does getting a silly little post yanked and a slap on the wrist from moderators count?

If it does, then I'M ALL IN ...

TexasWoman, it's more like if you DON'T get posts yanked that you're the problem! :D

To tell the truth, if you get a badge, it means you're okay, you're not likely politically correct (*gag*), and you're One of Us.

Sweet, I'm (*gag*) politically correct, not okay, and not one of "us"!!!! I'll happily live with that.