Uses for android tablets...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
galladanb said:
Thx, Frater! I will look into OsmAnd tonight for sure! I do have a 16gb card that I could use.
Will that be big enough for conus and Canada?
I just checked and I think CONUS + Canada would fit fine on 16GB and maybe on 8GB if you didn't need all the states.
I see in another post that the tablet doesn't have GPS;  that is pretty common.   OsmAnd runs fine on android phones if you have one of those.   I imagine there are similar projects for iStuff but I am a heathen who does not own any of Jobs' gear.  It's out of my price range :)

UPDATE...

Ok, so I found out my tablet does not have GPS, so NO Navi for me with it.
But I do have my regular Garmin, and it has a wireless backup camera with it that I just luv!

The "NATO MOUNTS" have arrived and first impressions are they work really great!!!
I bought the "Buy 4, get the fifth free" package for $39.95 with free shipping.
I plan on doing a review of them and will post it over in the "Products" section, in this forum.
Get yours here: http://www.natomounts.com/

nato-gal2.jpg

I tried the "Sync iTunes" app process thingie. It took a while, but finally finished.
I must have done something wrong because the music is there on the SD card, but the apps cant find it.
Must be something I did incorrectly.
So, I am starting that process over this morning.

By the way, I have a huge music collection, over 12 Gigabytes. So YES this is a big deal for me.
It's a massive collection... No bragging, but I think there are over 600 albums in there.

Such Fun!!!