Used Class B for Full Time RVing

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomGeiger

Reaction score
I am in the market for a used Class B and willing to spend 40K-45K.

Here is my question:  
1). Are there certain makes and models that are known to be fantastic?   
2). Are there certain makes and models that are known dogs?

I seem to be leaning towards PleasureWay...but are there certain years that they missed their normal quality?

So I guess i’m Looking for the potential land mines to avoid as well as the gems to be snatched.
Many thanks,
Cheers!
Tg

I think the two top dawgs in class B's are Pleasure Way and Roadtrek. Stay clear of any powered by mercedes. Fords from certain years seem to have their own set of problems. I bought a 2000 Roadtrek 200 because of the layout and it was on a chevy chassis. It took almost a year to find one though. Roadtrek started to cut corners in about 2004 when the son took over the business by deleting extra stuff. Look at older ones (in good condition) and newer ones closely. Mine has stuff no longer included like a full medicine cabinet, enclosed storage behind and beside the commode and more electrical outlets. I think they still use the better plywood though.

I can't elaborate on PW as I didn't go further down that path when I was looking.

What about a Chinook. Those are nice also.
When I ponder an RV, its hard to decide if I'd want a real bed or not.
I've been a van guy forever. I don't mind sleeping on a couch as long as there are other places to sit, hence the Chinook.
I want to think that if I was full timing, turning one couch or dinette into a bed every night and then back again in the morn would get old fast.
Just some thoughts

Chinook are nice if you have the money
Roadtrek 200s are nice too
I really like xplorers

OP states upwards to the 40k amount. I’m sure something will strike their fancy.
It’s all about ergonomics for me.