Urban Camping Riverside County

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Headache

Reaction score
Hey everyone!  Long time no post!  Want some info from those who may be camping in Riverside County, CA.  I have family in N. Hollyweird but that's just too far of a commute.

I'm going to be relocating to the Perris/Temecula area sometime next year but I want to find some urban camping/parking areas if possible to check out the area.  I might also be picking me up some work through a temp service.

Thanks in advance!

Yessir! The fiance and I have a place picked out and hopefully it will be available when we are ready to finally put down roots and rings after 40 years of being apart! I want to get there a bit early and get to know the area but won't be able to afford anything until we are together so urban camping it may be!

I'm hoping some other van dwellers in the area will PM me and give me the 411. Looks like Riverside is where all the services are.

When I first moved to Southern California in the '70s all that stretch of I-15 from Corona to Escondido was farmland. I hadn't been through there in about 30 years, so when I was there about five years ago I was simultaneously surprised and not surprised it had all been developed into standard, interchangeable SoCal suburbs.

Frood said:
Are you in a vehicle or setting up an actual camp? Moving daily or looking for 14-day BLM to set up?

BLM won't help because they are all too far away.  I'm trying to stay in town like a homeless parking program so I can get a part time job.  I'm in a van.