Unmasked at last

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsMoon

Reaction score
fullsizeoutput_58d.jpegMy name is Debbie,  and I have been a long time follower of this site, as well as Yahoo's Van dweller group(10 years)  and longing to try this life style out myself. well I plan to retire January 2018, at long last!!  

I bought a 1998 Dodge class b in January this year. Mechanically she is pretty sound, rv wise she was somewhat neglected and I have a list I am checking off.

I have been a camper for many years in various modes,  and have learned alot just from following various blogs and groups.

Hubby and I will do some trial runs of short and long distances, and then I plan on some solo adventures.  anyway, I wanted to introduce myself prior to joining in on conversations, :)

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_58d.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_58d.jpeg
    1.3 MB
Welcome! Good looking van! Won't it be nice not to have a time limit when you leave to go "camping". A 2 or 3 day trip is just too darn short!

Welcome to the CRVL Forums   :) 

Nice rig ya found there.  I think your plan is reasonable and well founded and should be a model to others who are new to this.   Taking those first few week end camp outs serves as a shake-down and will help one to realize
what they need and don't really need.  Have a spiral ring note book with you to take notes too.  

After that do some distance trips which could be day trips or over nighters.  By that time you will have some sens of understanding your rig and some confidence in it.  (otherwise you will have found the bugs and know what needs fixing)   Then you can visit your most trusted mechanic where you live and button things up so you'll feel safe and secure when you head out. 

All the best in your travels !

Retirement is awesome. I can't recommend it highly enough! Welcome! Nice van... and a great plan. Well done!

Welcome to the CRVL forums MsMoon! What a great find - congratulations!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

That is a slick setup. Congratulations and welcome!

Welcome! You wrote:  "[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I have been a long time follower of this site, as well as Yahoo's Van dweller group(10 years)..." so you should be able to give the rest of us some good information!   :D [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Look forward to reading about your travels and how you like/modify your class B.[/font]

MsMoon said:
My name is Debbie,  and I have been a long time follower of this site, as well as Yahoo's Van dweller group(10 years)  and longing to try this life style out myself. well I plan to retire January 2018, at long last!! 

Welcome! That is one sweet looking B, and has an unusual back door. I like it. :)