True Newbie

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limmkr

Reaction score
Hello to all! Just purchased a 1997 GMC Savana in great shape and am overwhelmed by the options of how to set this up! The internet can just lead you everywhere
confused.gif
I must admit, I won't be living in it, but want to go to project sites for maybe a 3 day weekend with the wife. Hoping to get some practical advice on the basics.

Welcome limmkr to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome limmkr!

It is, of course, going to come down to what you're doing and what you need to do it. Will you be staying at campgrounds or boondocking? Cooking or eating out? Do you need a king sized bed or will a full work? How tall are you, as that could affect the direction of the bed?!?

Here's a thread with some other questions and suggestions https://vanlivingforum.com/Thread-what-do-i-need-to-do-to-set-up-for-van-dwelling

This is just a hard ? to answer.

Welcome aboard !
Just the basics can be all you really need ...
A mattress , sleeping bag , water jug , bucket and bags ,
well , you get the idea..

OR

It can get as complex as you want.

Decide what exactly you want to do and make a list of what you think you will need .
Then post it for feedback from the crowd!