Transit Connect layout: which side to have for "front door" opening?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bethiebugs

Reaction score
I'm in the process of building and putting everything in my 2013 Transit Connect. I know it would be much easier to have the main opening on the driver's side, as it is right there, but are there important reasons I am overlooking to have the layout be with the Main "front door" opening on the passenger side? Any perspective would be appreciated!

Vans started out with the side cargo door on the curb side. Otherwise they'd be loading/unloading in the street when parallel parked. But if you're not going to be doing a lot of parallel parking, it doesn't really matter which side you use.

I am in the planning stages of my build and my bed is going to be on the pass side 72" ( with a 5" hinged extension with the passengers seat slid all the way forward) long and about 33" wide (if fact right now I am taking the width measurement for the bed and fit my CF-18 (for indoor and outdoor access) which is 18" wide and a 1 or 2 gallon can sprayer in the drivers rear corner).

So to answer your question I will be using the drivers side sliding door for access.

almost every vehicle is set up for curbside access. most campgrounds are set up for curbside access, if that's important to you. highdesertranger

Latest posts