Total Newbie, Hello!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveca4

Reaction score
hello everyone

I've not yet done any vandwelling but sure hope to. At 62 I hope to semi retire in a couple years (still have family responsibilities, kids at home) and begin working on my bucket list. I currently live in Ste Anne, Manitoba, Canada, smack dab in the center of North America east-west and about halfway north and south. 

Initially I will take a couple months off in summer and winter. The first couple of summers my plan is to spend at least two months on the Canada's West Coast and then the next summer the East Coast. By that point in time I should be about fully retired and plan to hit the road for longer periods. My partner is not a camper so my trips will likely be solo, I'm of French descent and a voyageur at heart. My ancestors cleared land for the coming settlers around Montreal in the early 1600's. Sorry I don't speak French tho, Irish/Scot mother. 

As I travel my focus will be on living my keenest interests which include: fishing, canoeing/kayaking, snorkeling, foraging land and sea, cooking up fresh natural foods with a nice wine. I'm a bit ADD and a Gemini so my interest are VERY broad and changing constantly but it works for me, I'm rarely bored and don't understand how anyone can be bored on this amazing Earth. 

So hello to all! I'll be exploring this forum and asking tons of questions so be patient with me, plus I'm starting to forget things and may ask the same question twice :)

Cheers everyone, hope to meet some of you along the journey!

Steve 
Ste Anne, MB, Canada

Welcome Steve to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

sounds like you got a great plan and even better attitude....welcome & best of luck!

highdesertranger said:
Welcome Steve to the CRVL forums!  To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.  highdesertranger

Thank you, if I wake up in the morning it puts me in a good mood. 
I'm taking my time with this, I've long since given up hushing for anybody or anything. Only wished I'd learned that lesson years ago. CHEERS!

tav-2020 said:
sounds like you got a great plan and even better attitude....welcome & best of luck!

Thanks, and that is definitely the plan. First step is finding a vehicle and to start making it into a micro home away from home.

highdesertranger said:
Welcome Steve to the CRVL forums!  To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.  highdesertranger

Thank you I'll definitely read these tips. 
Cheers
Steve 
Ste Anne, MB, Canada

steveca4 said:
hello everyone

I've not yet done any vandwelling but sure hope to. At 62 I hope to semi retire in a couple years (still have family responsibilities, kids at home) and begin working on my bucket list. I currently live in Ste Anne, Manitoba, Canada, smack dab in the center of North America east-west and about halfway north and south. 

Initially I will take a couple months off in summer and winter. The first couple of summers my plan is to spend at least two months on the Canada's West Coast and then the next summer the East Coast. By that point in time I should be about fully retired and plan to hit the road for longer periods. My partner is not a camper so my trips will likely be solo, I'm of French descent and a voyageur at heart. My ancestors cleared land for the coming settlers around Montreal in the early 1600's. Sorry I don't speak French tho, Irish/Scot mother. 

As I travel my focus will be on living my keenest interests which include: fishing, canoeing/kayaking, snorkeling, foraging land and sea, cooking up fresh natural foods with a nice wine. I'm a bit ADD and a Gemini so my interest are VERY broad and changing constantly but it works for me, I'm rarely bored and don't understand how anyone can be bored on this amazing Earth. 

So hello to all! I'll be exploring this forum and asking tons of questions so be patient with me, plus I'm starting to forget things and may ask the same question twice :)

Cheers everyone, hope to meet some of you along the journey!

Steve 
Ste Anne, MB, Canada

Thanks for your introduction. I will watch for your posts. I am looking forward to any info on your collecting clams and seaweed.